1990 Gt Timberline

chrisv40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Bought this for a great price of Ringo and promptly threw most of it in the bin leaveing frame, forks, stem and a few other original bits worth saving.
The frame and forks polished up like new, I thik all the dirt had preserved the lovely marble finish.

The bike is now built up as a road tourer and will hopefully get used for my commute to work regularly during the summer.

Frame: Gt Timberline 4130 Cromo

Fork: Original Gt

Headset: Tioga
Stem: Original Gt
Handlebar:
Grips: Ergo grip
Barends: Ritchey Logic

Brakes: 500 Lx Cantis front, Exage U brake rear.
Brake Pads: Xt cartridge front, generic rear
Brake Cables: Shimano & Jagwire
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano
Brake Levers: Stx Rc Sti's

Shifters: Stx Rc Sti's
Front Derailleur: Xt M735
Rear Derailleur: Xt M735
Derailleur Cables: Fibrax
Cassette: 7 speed Hg
Chain: Hg
Cranks: Xt M730
Crank Bolts: Shimano
Chainrings: Shimano Biopace
Chainring bolts: Shimano
Bottom Bracket: Original cup and cone Gt
Pedals: Shimano Spd

Hub Skewers: Shimano
Rims: Mavic 231CD
Hubs: Xt M730/732
Tyres: Panaracer slicks

Saddle: Vitus
Seatpost: ETC
Seatpost Binder: Generic alloy

Weight: 34 + lbs

P.s. yes I know that red jockey wheel needs to go :oops:

That looks a real nice bit of kit and the marble paint finish always looks the Dogs B******s but that high head stem would drive me nuts i'm afraid but don't get me wrong it probably will be better for you having a relaxed riding position for going to work and back but it just wouldn't me, all in all though i really do like it :cool: ..

Thanks, yes the stem isn't too pretty but its the original and for road riding its perfect to be honest.

The bike seems to plod on nicely despite its weight when loaded with my work gear, averaged 17mph over 10 miles on the way home from work into a head wind all the way so my commute is no where near as long as I had expected :D

Averaging 17mph over 10miles is pretty good after a busy day at work so the headstem is an actual aid to easing the ride :shock: oh well you better stick with it then as it's obviously better for you ;) ..

Back