Taifun Spider LX

xxnick1975

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Don't know what a Taifun Spider LX is? Neither did I until this morning when I found this outside my local Co-Op

I saw what a thought was a retro bike, so went and had a look then saw that it had been abandoned.....

I left it alone all day, thought someone else that doesn't already have multiple pub bikes might take it away but revisiting at 6pm this evening, it was still there, so brough her home

Seat post is stuck, forks are junk, saddles is rubbish, chain and cassette are rusted, but the rest is useable. Ritchey tyres too!

I know nothing about these so googled it - they are German - which was my original gut feeling also.

If the seat post comes out, I will be tempted to try it out with P2s

Enjoy the pictures

Attachments

• taifun.jpg
    taifun.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 665
  • tange sticker.jpg
    tange sticker.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 663
  • lx mech.jpg
    lx mech.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 663
  • haifun front end.jpg
    haifun front end.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 662
Can't member which one has the weekly special offers on random crap you never knew you needed
but my moneys on a star buy from Lidl or Aldi in 1996

LX spec seems way to good for those Actvator esq forks so deffo bin em
for something better

all in all a great find my friend for a prospective pub bike,
love the great use of parcel tape and the random shapes that orange chain is throwing :D

Interesting, how is the rear brake routed, pipe around the seat tube? Everything about the frame makes it a dead ringer for my ~94 Shogun, same drops, same rack eyelets, same cut at top of seat tube, same cable route (right side anyway!)

Back