1993 marin eldridge grade

MADB

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
After saying to my self that I needed to get rid of some bike because they are not all getting used, I end up buy this from Pinkbike. Its in very nice condition apart from the missing wheels and a crap seat. The components don't look like have been used. I even have the DX pedals :cool:. I put the odd wheels on it for a quick ride around the block, everything works like new :shock: Going to service it, ride it for a bit and see how she rides before deciding what to do with it. My first retro Marin. :D

IMAG0452 by Brian Marshall1, on Flickr

IMAG0453 by Brian Marshall1, on Flickr

IMAG0454 by Brian Marshall1, on Flickr

Rather cool brian, if i may say so :cool:

thems the 900g fork too, cast dropout ones. just sell (give away to me) everything else now, that marin is all you need now, and plenty of miles in it by the looks of things. 87.4% of the time the top tube decals are missing too, so you are in a privileged position.

cheers mate.

marc two tone":1ioaza25 said:
Rather cool brian, if i may say so :cool:

thems the 900g fork too, cast dropout ones. just sell (give away to me) everything else now, that marin is all you need now, and plenty of miles in it by the looks of things. 87.4% of the time the top tube decals are missing too, so you are in a privileged position.

cheers mate.

as it happens marc I have a nice set of muddy forks for your collection next time your about this way. 87.4% dame you know your stats :shock: The none drive side is not quite as good and there are quite a few rust patches starting to show through the paint
but nothing bad. Fitted a nice Rolls seat and have a ti seat post bolt on its way, just need to service the headset and it's good to go.

Brian

About time...retro Marin's seem to be overlooked too often...had a '93 Eldridge myself but it was too small in the long run!! Now have a '90 Eldridge for me and awaiting delivery of a '91 Eldridge for the wife!! Not to mention the '91 Team and now the '97 Mount Vision!! Enjoy it I love the ride they give and the Eldridge is the perfect mid/upper range Marin!

Just come back from a ride on this, it is very different to the Alpinestar, it bloody long for a start and a much better XC bike. Im still not sure if it for me thought :shock: Maybe another ride out is needed.

Looking good?

Is that the one from Plymouth? I got pipped to the post to one a couple of weeks ago on pinkbike, got in touch with the guy and decided to sleep on it and it had gone the following morning :cry:

st":3kv9kk60 said:
Looking good?

Is that the one from Plymouth? I got pipped to the post to one a couple of weeks ago on pinkbike, got in touch with the guy and decided to sleep on it and it had gone the following morning :cry:

Yep sure is, you mist a good one. I have a pair of DX/Mavic wheels coming for it as well now. :D

Back