Ned Overend's 1992 Specialized M2

theproscloset

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
We are working closely with ameybrook to do some CSI investigation to see what exact race(s) Ned raced this bike. It has been confirmed by the iron lung that this was his bike.

The link to our photo album with a full spread of the bike can be viewed here:

http://bit.ly/NedOverend

Attachments

• Ned#Plate.jpg
    Ned#Plate.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 3,297
  • NedOverend_1.jpg
    NedOverend_1.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 3,298
  • NedOverend_2.jpg
    NedOverend_2.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 3,298
  • NedOverend_3.jpg
    NedOverend_3.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 3,299
  • NedOverend_4.jpg
    NedOverend_4.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 3,297
We will be showing it off to Ned at the Ironhorse vintage race at the Iron Horse Classic in Durango. Ned simply said, "I dont remember getting rid of this one but there are a lot of things I dont remember."

If you even "look" at the paint on these old M2's the paint will fall off. The downtube has been scratched up from the bike being transported here and there. We wouldn't want to have it repainted and take away the authenticity of the bike. The original dirt is still on this bike and it has not been washed since 92. We try to keep things exactly as their life story presents itself.

Thanks for your interest,

Nick

Brilliant, love seeing original bikes that have a history and not been repainted or cleaned up like new.

Great Bike..Saw it in person...nice aura. Actually just picked up a SWorks M2 Team Addition Frame myself. I won't bore you with the purchase details but if only one of 500 ever made...it's pretty cool.

Attachments

• 1992 Specialized M2 Team.jpg
    1992 Specialized M2 Team.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 2,790
Back