1997 GT LTS-1

Jussa

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Ok, Saw it in the 'For Sale' section, liked it, found out 'DrJo' lives just down the road in Norwich and made contact and struck a deal :D Great bloke and was nice to chew the cud over bikes, I even came away with an Orange SK8 Stem, Happy Days :)

Right, I couldn't wait to get out in the Man Cave and play with my new toy, even today's rain didn't stop me. So where are we at, well I'm still undecided if i want to strip, and paint, or just T-Cut, Polish and apply some new fresh decals. The condition of the frame is pretty good, it carries the usual rub marks and knocks and a very small dink in the downtube (Looking at the size of the downtube I'm pretty sure its not an issue) The decals are worn in places. The rear section, some anodising has come off, again usual knocks and scrapes but again overall pretty clean and functional. Rear shock bounces, but needs a strip and clean. I have another Trunion shock coming (Thanks Barneyballbags) so hopefully that will get me bouncing correctly again.

The idea today was just to make a mock up and see how it feels and looks like. So all the parts wont be staying on the frame, its just what i had close to hand.

Bontrager 27.2 Seatpost and Tioga (Sofa) saddle in place, then the RST Team Series 461 Forks along with a cheap and cheerful Cane Creek Headset from CRC. The forks incidentally were won by me in a recent Karma competition oh here, (Thanks again to 'mrcpea' again nice to meet and chat) and the Stealth Black fits in great with the frame.

So my options,

Option 1 - RACE FACE Stem and Bontrager Flat Bars (Didn't feel too great, but the stem is short reach 80mm)

Option 2 - RACE FACE Stem and RACE FACE Riser Bars (Felt much better for my 6ft Frame, stem is 110mm)

Wheels were my trusty, and not everyone's cup-of-tea Vuelta Airline's with some NOS IRC Mythos tyres (Thanks Bache Brothers).

Groupset i think will be XT-739 I've got some Combo Shifters/Levers in the Man Cave and a Front & Rear Mech in 739 flava.

Crankset - I've got a nice 'White' crankset polished up and some Blackspire rings to get things moving, pedal will just be some Welgo V8 copies.

The Blue Hope Spacers will be changed for Anodised Red, anyway its given me a good starting block, looking forward to the next part of the build :)

Jussa :D

Attachments

• IMG_4551.jpg
    IMG_4551.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_4549.jpg
    IMG_4549.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 465
  • IMG_4546.jpg
    IMG_4546.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 465
  • IMG_4547.jpg
    IMG_4547.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_4544.jpg
    IMG_4544.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 466
Part 2 Pics

Attachments

• IMG_4557.jpg
    IMG_4557.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 464
  • IMG_4555.jpg
    IMG_4555.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 464
  • IMG_4552.jpg
    IMG_4552.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 463
  • IMG_4550.jpg
    IMG_4550.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 463
  • IMG_4548.jpg
    IMG_4548.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 464
Marvellous start Jussa, really looking forward to our little ride on the trails when it's done. Your man cave is clearly much better stocked than mine, frames definately going to get the right treatment in your hands....

Superb Justin :D
That looks excellent, the forks go well. I rode the first pair of 461's I had to death on front of the Orange 02.
I love those wheels & the Tioga sofa.
Good work :D

i always liked those rims, i had some with 2 yellow spokes, sold them with my lts dh, wish i kept them!

Looking sweet their mate and i definitly i agree with your choice of bar and stem as just on looks alone the straight bars and 80mm stem would sit to low so nice work and keep it up :cool: ..

Nice start Jussa.

I changed the flat bars on my STS-2 when I got it new, and put some Azonics risers on instead.

Love that saddle, I remember those from BITD.

Back