Re: 1991 Koga Miyata SkyRunner Carbolite

Absolutely awesome.

I am searching acceptable replacement decals for one of my frames since long and I haven't encountered anything satisfactory yet. I wouldn't touch them if I were you. The ones that you consider too far gone you could easily remove with you nail, but think twice before doing that. Others you could preserve with a fine 00 pencil clear enamel.

Btw coincidently I encountered a 1990 SkyRunner-Carbolite during my ride today. Sligthly different frame and Switchblades.

That's a beauty! Weren't these BITD delivered with a Syncros fork?

That thing is fully rad. Let me know if you ever want to sell it, I'd like to try one.

Manitou looks like its seen better days. Bent too? Maybe just the pics.
Bonus points for black M730 cranks.

I agree a Powerlite fork would complement the stem nicely and put that cable hanger it has back into use (quasi-rare in itself)

Thank for the comments and useful info folks :D

Yes, the Manitou has had it: two bolts have been inserted to remove any suspension it ever had and I agree it looks a tad bent. Hunt is on for another pair of Switchblades, but I guess it won't be easy.

I'm going to shift these tyres onto one of my Stumpies - anyone know what the correct tyre for this bike would be please?

Back