Project...bike for my daughter...finished!

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
She doesn't care whether it is XT XTR or Alivio...but I will have to service it etc so I want it to be quite nice :LOL:
Started with a nice 93 14.5" Rockhopper complete build but I did not like the components so am slowly rebuilding it.
NOS Syncros headset to go on soon :cool: I may change the front brake to a V brake with a Travel Adjuster
I really want the stem and post to be black Thomson. I will run it 1 x 8 and have a nice 32T gold Vuelta ring on its way.
Reckon it should be a cool little bike for a 10yo

Re: Project...bike for my daughter...it's getting out of con

Nice !!!! I had two nice 14" kona's for my two youngest a few years back and knowing how kids ride i.e leaving them outside shop/in friends gardens/generally no care !! I limited use to when I was out riding with them(too many scallys about)

Will you set her free on this beauty alone ?

Col :cool:

Will you set her free on this beauty alone ?

Ha ha...no way...I will keep it at my house (we do not live together) and will ride together. I don't think see is that fussed to be honest :( but may be a new bike will peak some interest?

Harryburgundy":nt55y85r said:
She doesn't care whether it is XT XTR or Alivio...but I will have to service it etc so I want it to be quite nice :LOL: ..
nice project :D
Do it with right parts ;) ...looking forward to the result.

Very nice but is that not a bit large for a 10 year old or does it run 24" wheels?

Bullpup":3runx677 said:
Very nice but is that not a bit large for a 10 year old or does it run 24" wheels?

Seemed okay when I fitted her on it...it is a 26er

Harryburgundy":2430k5om said:
Bullpup":2430k5om said:

Seemed okay when I fitted her on it...it is a 26er

Fair enough - my 11 year old has just outgrown his rockhopper 24.

Back