1990 Marin Eldridge Grade Euro Neon now in catalog spec P3!

xxnick1975

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Some of you may recall this being offered for sale on here not that long ago from Landsbee

Well it was love at first sight for me. I have never seen another one, and can only fine one other on the internet.

This one had quite a lot of fun getting to the UK from Germany....but it arrived in the end

Anyway, build it up with the stuff I had in that was in good condition and kinda of suitable.

Seat post was a pain - 29.5 mm anyone :facepalm:

Anyway Moore and Large of all people sorted me via ebay for a £5 posted with a brand new 29.6, which turns out to be 29.4......anyway tightened up with a bolt and its fine :D

I will be upgrading this over time when suitable stuff in good nic come up, but for now enjoy the neon blaze....

Attachments

• marin eg side close.jpg
    marin eg side close.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,832
  • eg drive train.jpg
    eg drive train.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 1,832
  • eg front on.jpg
    eg front on.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,833
  • eg side one last shot.jpg
    eg side one last shot.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1,834
  • marin eg side.jpg
    marin eg side.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,835
Re: 1991 Marin Eldridge Grade - Neon special

Loved the frame, love the full bike even more! Stunning.

Great, unusual colourway. Interesting to see some of these different paint schemes on the 90/91 Marins rather than the (great as well) Zolatone.
One question - with those seat stays, is this not a 1990 model rather than 1991 when the Afterburners were introduced?

Deffo 1990 Euro colours, Wookie posted a link to a French brochure a while back:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=237149

file.php

Really nice to see a "euro" coloured Marin...I remember the for sale ad and its in great condition! Yup its a 1990 as Lrh pointed out. I can't say I have seen another like it certainly something to turn a few heads!

Good work mate

Doug

Thanks gents for the heads up.

Will correct the title in a bit.

I have some LX kit on another bike, so I might get it back closer to original spec one day

Back