rare ;) elevated Nishiki Kodiak 1990 UPDATED 22/5/14 pg4

skolioza

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just win an auction of Nishiki Kodiak frameset

I'm definitly not an Nishiki Expert, but frame is having very similar shape to Ariel or '89 Alien
What I know now it's build by Tange cromoly tubeset

Google didn't show much about... You can tell me something more about this model? year, specyfication etc?

seller's pics
n1.jpg

n2.jpg

Re: Elevated Nishiki Kodiak???

Know nowt about it , but jealous , looks sweet

hi
never seen or heard of the kodiak name used on the nishiki line as an e-stay.
but doesn't surprise me in the least. they have used some of the other names as well.
i have nishiki barbarians and mystics as e-etays.
i also have a standard kodiak. was higher up in their line. if that helps any.
there is slim to none online for info on these bikes. does that frame use a u-brake on the rear? doesn't look like it.
cool find. thanks for showing.
roy

Mikee - thanks ;)

Roy - yes, I saw Your threads about Mystics and barbarians when I was searching for info abou this frame
Brake bolts in pics looks like standard canti/V, but seller cannot confirm this (he didn't knew much about this as a whole bike...)

In web I found only one photo of elevated Kodiak, but unfortunately bike isn't in oryginal specyfication, so it telling nothing...
http://dalco.de/marktplatz/nishiki/kodi ... _rose/301/

Ofc when I'll have this frame I'll make some better pics :)

Re: Elevated Nishiki Kodiak???help with identification neede

Last evening I was searching in the web for Nishiki's pics

After that, looking for graphics style of this frame and comparing with pics of other founded models I'm guessing it belongs to 1990 - am I wright?

Someone here outed an auction for a Nishiki Colorado on eBay in Germany awhile back (pic below). Looks to be the same design as your Kodiak with a double bend in the chainstays. Forks look to be identical as well with a bend halfway down the fork legs and a decal to the side of the brake bosses. I don't see any of those elements on USA-branded Nishiki e-stays.

I see the decal for the name of the Bike has the same type of upside-down double-triangle design as Roy's Barbarians and Mystics. Perhaps the Kodiak and the Colorado, with their unique geometry, are Nishiki e-stays aimed at the European market, much like how the Barbarians and Mystics (with their own unique geometry) appear to be specific to Canada.

In any case, Good Score! I'm sure there aren't many of those in existence. (*sigh*) Just when I think I have one of every type of Nishiki e-stay ever made, ANOTHER one comes along to taunt me! :(

Ooh! ...almost forgot: DIBS IF YOU DECIDE TO SELL!! (ha ha! beat you to the punch, Roy! :LOL: ;) )

Attachments

• Nishiki Colorado.jpg
    Nishiki Colorado.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 2,416

incorrigible - many thanks! Your version sounds very probably!
Especially, only one elevated Kodiak I found in web is showed in german domain:
http://dalco.de/marktplatz/nishiki/kodi ... _rose/301/

As I wrote before -seller didn't tell me anything about this frame / bike, but when it will arrive (as I know today was posted) I'll check the stickers very carefully Maybe somewhere I'll find a sticker with name of the store who sell this bike? If yes - it can show where this model was sold at first

Also - seller of the frame was also selling almost complete Deore DX gruppo - he didn't comfirm this, but I think it's very possible, that this is stuff from this bike
What You think?

Re: rare ;) elevated Nishiki Kodiak 1990

Frameset arrives, and lot of questions are having answers now! :)

As I supposed looking for graphics it belongs to 1990 catalogue year (stamp in stem prove it), oryginal equimment was Deore DX (frameset was having M651 headset). So we're having a view of oryginal shape of the bike
Frame is built of Tange MTB butted O.S Tubes, fork is made by Spinner
Frame takes 28,6 bottom pull front mech and 26,6 seatpost

Few fast shots after unboxing - frame is dirty and having soem rusty points, so needs some good care before building :)

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard03.jpg

Clipboard04.jpg

Clipboard05.jpg

Clipboard08.jpg

Clipboard10.jpg

Clipboard12.jpg

Re: rare ;) elevated Nishiki Kodiak 1990 Added some fast pic

hi
interesting it has a curved fork.
all my nishiki e-stays have the straight tapered blades.
also i see it has a hite rite tab too. :cool:
roy

Re: rare ;) elevated Nishiki Kodiak 1990 Added some fast pic

You just beat me to this !
Looks good,what's your plans?

Tc

Back