95 Lotus (alan) carbon? NOS & Unridden.

My_Teenage_Self

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Well, It's paid for, and waiting for me at the other end of the country, but My Pal has sent me a few pics.

The story: This was bought, and sat in a bedroom for the last 18 years. My mate picked it up for me, and said that the tyres had never even touched tarmac before!

Now for the weirdness; the decals appear to be genuine. I know that British Eagle had a tie-in with Alan, and sold the Alan carbon frames as BE, and that BE essentially managed the Lotus brand MTBS. The Fellow that owned this said that it came from the shop as is, it's never been touched? I would have questioned it further, except for the sticker on the seattube: I know the lotus bikes came with this sticker, as I remember drooling over them in Cycle World Romsey as a teenager, and thinking how Hilarious it was!

Weird.

Pics:

Re: 95 Lotus (alan) carbon? Unridden.

That is truly a thing of beauty :cool:

Lovely, ex Raleigh Pro, Adrian Timmis rode one on those back in 91, lovely bike

Why is the head badge sticker on the top tube? A case of too many stickers in the shop?

I don't remember seeing a carbon/Ali frame in the line up?

That lovely, and the carbon and adhesives have been protected from the UV all this tome so should be tight and solid. Pleasant.

JeRkY":3lj6dsg6 said:
Why is the head badge sticker on the top tube? A case of too many stickers in the shop?

I don't remember seeing a carbon/Ali frame in the line up?

Good questions. I have no idea of the answer! When I get my Mitts on it, I'll have a damn good look and see what's going on. The fellow that owned it said that it came from the shop that way.

Thanks for the kind words guys. :D

Nice.

I would guess that the 'Lotus' headtube sticker is larger than the space between the lugs..?

Still nice.

Back