Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:17 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:07 am 
Old School Hero
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:19 am
Posts: 197
Location: Edmonton
RM666 you say...

Attachment:
DSC_0006.JPG
DSC_0006.JPG [ 103.53 KiB | Viewed 406 times ]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:53 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:52 pm
Posts: 1387
Location: the Netherlands
Great :)

So you own her slightly older sister!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:33 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:43 am
Posts: 304
Location: near paris
whow, congrats !! that"s "THE" frame I dream about, will follow this thread to see the result.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:55 pm 
Old School Hero
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:19 am
Posts: 197
Location: Edmonton
troje wrote:
Great :)

So you own her slightly older sister!


Unfortunately I don't have it anymore, but I have been thinking about asking the guy I sold it to what he did with it. I have enough XT parts of that vintage now that I could do it up right.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:39 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:12 pm
Posts: 8436
Location: Oh Canada!
a THIRD Altitude??? :shock:

you and captaincosmic are greedy little buggers aren'tcha??? :lol: congrats!!! :wink:

aguycalled80 wrote:
Unfortunately I don't have it anymore, but I have been thinking about asking the guy I sold it to what he did with it. I have enough XT parts of that vintage now that I could do it up right.

how could you have sold that??? especially with that diabolical serial number? :twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:50 pm 
Old School Hero
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:19 am
Posts: 197
Location: Edmonton
RockiMtn wrote:
how could you have sold that??? especially with that diabolical serial number? :twisted:


oh it gets worse...

I honestly don't know why I did that, but the time, I just got bikes, fixed them, and sold them.

It had all SunTour stuff on it too - microdrive and dia-compe brakes - and I got it for about $200 on ebay.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:04 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:12 pm
Posts: 8436
Location: Oh Canada!
aguycalled80 wrote:
RockiMtn wrote:
how could you have sold that??? especially with that diabolical serial number? :twisted:


oh it gets worse...

I honestly don't know why I did that, but the time, I just got bikes, fixed them, and sold them.

It had all SunTour stuff on it too - microdrive and dia-compe brakes - and I got it for about $200 on ebay.


$200 complete bike??? i'd be happy with $200 just frame only!!! how long ago was it that you bought/sold it? you should definitely follow up with that friend of yours. ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:10 pm 
Old School Hero
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:19 am
Posts: 197
Location: Edmonton
RockiMtn wrote:
aguycalled80 wrote:
RockiMtn wrote:
how could you have sold that??? especially with that diabolical serial number? :twisted:


oh it gets worse...

I honestly don't know why I did that, but the time, I just got bikes, fixed them, and sold them.

It had all SunTour stuff on it too - microdrive and dia-compe brakes - and I got it for about $200 on ebay.


$200 complete bike??? i'd be happy with $200 just frame only!!! how long ago was it that you bought/sold it? you should definitely follow up with that friend of yours. ;)


I think I still have the Answer Pro Forx that was on it.

This was close to ten years ago. I repainted it (I have a nude pic of it if you're interested :wink: ) put it together as a single speed, and that was it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:15 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:52 pm
Posts: 1387
Location: the Netherlands
RockiMtn wrote:
a THIRD Altitude??? :shock:

you and captaincosmic are greedy little buggers aren'tcha??? :lol: congrats!!! :wink:


Thanks! Yes, it's bit of too much (according to my wife), but at least I'm limiting myself to one brand and steel frames only. :lol: Unless a TiBolt or Titanium appears on my routine hunt all of a sudden, but honestly, I consider those extinct, with just a few remaining pieces hidden far from the wild...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:29 pm 
iconoclassic best in show
iconoclassic best in show
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:30 am
Posts: 2417
Location: Derby
Ha ha nice work Looks great trouble for me is now I have mine I don't want to ride anything else ....


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: al-onestare, Dossa, Jaggs, Loungekabouter, Mugoftea and 35 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group