My 1994 kona cinder cone result! Pic update

SJB7810

Retro Guru
Here is the latest edition to the stable that I managed to find for a real bargain price..
1994 cinder cone pretty much stock although on pics I have changed the rims as originals both have slight buckles and seat as it had a bassano armchair on it when I got it!
Surprisingly good condition has a few scrapes but chain set is all original and running nicely so that was a bonus!

From what I've found on here the colour wasn't uk spec and pretty rare so I'm loathed to go down a powder coating route so hopefully will find a good match and get it into a decent frame sprayers before putting any fresh toys and decals on it")

Enjoyed riding the thing back very responsive and light can't wait to get it sorted over the coming weeks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 867
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 867
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 867
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 867
Re: My 1994 kona cinder cone result!

dirttorpedo":1zmoxzak said:
Wonderful job - makes me feel 15 years younger.

Just got very lucky me thinks only got it this afternoon and apart from wheels and seat that's how I found the old girl!
I felt 15 years younger riding it back")

It's all standard been garaged for ten years plus from what I have found its a US version not in 94 catalogue as it was produced at back end of 94 very pleased with it but cantilevers are a bugger so either going to have to switch the cantis to better ones or convert to v brake as the bike is pretty nippy and stopping is high on my requirements")

Lots of ok canti's out there.. For the money a set of ritchey are a good bet.. Easy set up and stop really well :)

Plus one":3emmvkkf said:
Lots of ok canti's out there.. For the money a set of ritchey are a good bet.. Easy set up and stop really well :)

Thanks Plus one I shall look into it I think I would like to stick to cantis but never had much joy with them, I am just searching for a thread on here about converting the collar on seat post for v brakes if it looks neat ")

Agree with Plus one, Ritchey cantis work really well. I had a '94 Cinder Cone in '94 and the brakes were awful. Last year I picked up a '95 CC and expected to need to switch to V-brakes but was amazed that Konas change to Ritcheys was so effective. I don't believe you'd need to go for V-brakes.

Looks great ! , I have had 2 of these in the grey :cool: you don't see many about in the grey. You are righ with the canti's they are poor and the levers :roll:

I'm loving the back implel cranks , I have never seen them in black before :cool:

Back