Amp B3 with F4 BLT fork (breaking and selling...)

rollodes

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi

Here's my Amp Research B3 (bought off Mudking from here) last year. I love the Amp's
lightness and mix of weird (front fork) and normal (horst link) and the way they look (to my eyes at least) bloody cool.

Frame: AMP B3 in yellow, resprayed professionally with logos under protective paint (size large)Sold
Fork: AMP F4 BLT , SOLD
Headset:Chris King siver aheadset, SOLD
Shock: Stratos Strata air/oil rear shock (NOS ) SOLD,
though I have the spare original AMP shock too.Sold
Front and rear der. Shimano XT 761,
Shifters with brake levers: Shimano XT 739,
Brakes: Cane Creek Direct Curve
Crankset: White Industries with Stronglight 42/32 and Sugino 22 gears,
Bar: Easton EA 50
Stem: Rocky Mtn,
Seatpost: Tioga with Selle San Marco Era Ti saddle, .Sold
Wheels: front and rear hubs Shimano XT, Mavic 217 front rim, Mavic 517 rear rim.
Tires: Geax Mescal 1.90

Pictures below are Mudking's but l'll update in due course with some new ones of the "feather-light delight" basking in the Guernsey sunshine...

Amps aren't the bike of choice when it's muddy as they're fiddly to clean, so this hasn't had as much use as my other steeds given the ridiculous weather we've had since I bought it.

Attachments

• B3 1.JPG
    B3 1.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 831
  • B3 4.JPG
    B3 4.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 830
Re: Amp B3 with F4 BLT fork

Love this, I like the AMP stuff a lot! I have a F2 on the Univega and it works well. I need to have it rebuilt though because its a little too stiff and the bushings are going out on it.

Very nice, whats the travel like with the F4. I hadnt really looked at them closely before but seems to be F3 with the 2 x shock coils

Thinking of breaking and selling this as it doesn't get ridden. Sale posts coming when I get time. Let me know if interested in any of it...

might be interested in the fork for my b5... depends on length (ooo-er missus) and the fact I've just bought an f3xc fork on ebay might deter me! might. lol.

Hi rollodes,

if you're thinking of breaking it, I'd certainly be interested in either the stratos shock or the spare original one.

The shock on my AMP is shot. And AMP ain't replying to my emails.

cheers
AdeC

Might be interested in the frame, I have aspare f3 it could mate with if selling forks separately.

thanks ti_pin_man, I cant find any AMP shock currently listed. Its a real pain searching for AMP stuff on ebay as the results are always full of electric bike stuff.

I dont want to hijack rollodes's thread, so please PM me a link to that auction if 1: its still there, and 2: you can be bothered :)

cheers

Back