1997 Dekerf Team SL

the_duke

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Thought it was time to share my spring / summer project now that CDK has confirmed it is from 97.

1997 Dekerf Team SL

I was keen to find something that was corrected for suspension and v-brake specific but also of high quality. Initially I had my heart set on an Independent Fabrication but the more I thought about it the more Dekerf kept cropping up.

When I was offered the chance to get a Team SL I jumped at the chance. Reynolds 853 main triangle, fillet brazed seat-tube top-tube junction, and I think prestige rear triangle. This one also had a red Chris King headset.

Build wise I have been collecting a few different parts based loosely on the catalogue. It would be difficult to not use some Syncros and Raceface on Canadian royalty like this so they will make an appearance.

Its not going to be period correct by any means but it will certainly be primarily late 90's based around XTR m950 brakes and gears.

The paint is original and has various marks and scars but no dings. I am going to build it, ride it, and assess later if I fancy a re-paint.

More updates to follow. . . . . .

dsc0227vf.jpg

dsc0228bq.jpg

dsc0224tl.jpg

dsc0221ni.jpg

dsc0223jk.jpg

dsc0220px.jpg

I do love Dekerf frames, lovely mate, glad you found one... :cool:

No repaint needed on this one I would say! Ano red Turbines should make a pretty nice match.

Great frame!

Cheers guys, I'm keen to get it finished.

Not red, but still Turbines. I was going with black but these were such a good price I couldn't resist. They even came with red Red AC chainring bolts :cool:

dsc0223dp.jpg

Forks

Controversially I decided to get some fairly modern forks. Late 90's forks with 80mm of travel seem to have disc mounts anyway so I though what the hell.

They are Fox F100 RL but this frame should really be run with nearer 80mm so I bought a spacer and set to work today. I have not messed with forks too much in the past so was a bit daunted but it was actually pretty easy, I certainly wont be sending them to Mojo or alike to service for £100.

Im thinking about removing the Fox decals and having some Dekerf ones made up but havent decided yet because I do like the Fox ones.

Stem, Seat post, and Bars

The stem and post was an easy choice, Syncros. The post has one decal to the rear and the stem is 100mm with a short rise. I applied some new decals and robbed the brass expander and top cap from a more modern version. I think they both look great! The bars are carbon ARC,s (yeti?).

Time for a few pics (the wheels are a stand-in until my new ones arrive but the tyres will be staying)

dsc0212copy.jpg

dsc0217copyd.jpg

dsc0214copy.jpg

dsc0216copy.jpg

That looks absolutely spot on.

One thing though; I should get those dandelions out of the lawn before they spread.

NeilM":3jhmt7lf said:
One thing though; I should get those dandelions out of the lawn before they spread.

:LOL: My wife will be mortified that I posted a pic on line with Dandelions on our lawn.

Latest posts

Back