Proflex 656

Proflex656

Devout Dirtbag
Hi...
Here's my newly refurbished 656 built and ready to go....now the rear spring has been replaced.

The bike was stripped and fully rebuilt from the ground but, the original paint was left and I used as much of the groupset as I could. Powder coated the forks as they looked very tired...went matt black, maybe should have gone silver or had them polished...but hey I think they look ok in black..

Brakes put back to as close to stock as I could, bars and seat post are from the period, so left in place.

Saddle from my Mango singlespeed...it's quite comfy...

My only problem was the rear spring, as you can probably see, 101mm springs struggle to look happy where an 80mm should be !
I had a spring custom made in the UK in the end, I didn't want to wait for another to come over from the US.
Not shown in the photo, but it makes all the difference having the right kit in place....

Vectors work well with the spring, it's a nice bike to ride, glad its in my collection.

Shame the paint is showing some battle scars, but it was in a right old state when I bought it, so another saved from the scrap man !

jr

Attachments

• 656 017.jpg
    656 017.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 315
  • 656 018.jpg
    656 018.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 315
Back