Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:46 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:43 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Mummimac wrote:
The stand is cool and I can tell you are jealous! It means Mr. BV can stand unaided on the drive or in the garage without the need for a prop. With the number of bikes Neil M has we are all out of leaning space :mrgreen:

Sorry but you will never convert me to the stand way of life...However the plus 4's and slippers are the cutting edge of fashion for 2013 and I am sold!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:43 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

This thread has got too weird even for me....and I'm the silly b*gger that started it :facepalm:

BTW: Nice foot position on the pedals Mrs MacK, I shall have to suggest slipper to Sir Dave the next time he and I are swapping notes on training Elite riders.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:30 pm 

Tried the straight bars today, sadly no success - made my neck hurt in no time which meant poor Neil M had to re-set the canti brakes twice which is not an easy job it would appear :( so am back to granny bars and spd slippers once more. Should have just kept it like that but anyway, all restored AND I have a RINGLE H20 bottle cage which looks pretty cool with my Marin water bottle! So that's 2 days and 2 rides - says it all doesn't it! Back in the day I used to ride 10 miles every day before work. Unfortunately I have to leave at 7.30 so have not got time for that any more.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:33 pm 
Dirt Disciple

What's his/her name?

James has got granny bars too, they're just a bit more stylish than yours. We can just pop a little basket and a bell on there to detract from the bars.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:52 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

I could tell you what I called it today, while pis...... adjusting the front canti's, twice. But I really like it here on RB and would prefer not to be banned.

I did offer to get some risers, having just sold the set I had here :roll: , but I was informed that I was to put it back to the way it was .... NOW!

I also fitted the H2O bottle cage which made Mummimac happy; and when she is happy, I get fed, so it all worked out for the best.