Cassette - XT M737
Chain - KMC
Cranks - XT M737 175mm
Chainrings - Middleburn outer & middle, XT granny
Bottom Bracket - Hope titanium tapered
Pedals- VP104
Quick Releases - PFR
Rims - Mavic X517
Hubs - rear XT M737, front Goldtec XC (made in Wales)
Tyres - front Continental Leader Pro 2.0, rear Continental Cross Country 1.9
Saddle - PFR titanium
Seatpost - Roox S4
Weight - 22 lb 2 oz

Credits and Thanks: Gil_m for the brilliant work on the decals. Jango for nagging me to get it finished (only took 6 months), Cannondale King for the headset, amt27 for the STi units

Attachments

• pro-image-4.jpg
    pro-image-4.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 26,381
  • pro-image-3.jpg
    pro-image-3.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 26,383
  • pro-image-2.jpg
    pro-image-2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 26,381
  • pro-001.jpg
    pro-001.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 25,759
More piccies

Attachments

• pro-image-7.jpg
    pro-image-7.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 26,365
  • pro-image-6.jpg
    pro-image-6.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 26,365
  • pro-image-5.jpg
    pro-image-5.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 26,365
Nice looking bike. Had a friend who bought one of those BITD. It had a fabulous geometry, very racing indeed...

Nice clean build there Chris - some things take time and are worth it ;)

(Jango has no patience!)

No patience....me.... :roll:

Nice looking machine Chris, I look forward to seeing it at Chicksands sometime soon.

Lovely pair of Continental tyres! Oh how i loved the XC in a 1.9! My favourite all round tyre!Nice bike too!
Thanx Max

Thank you all for you kind words, it has been a labour of love geting the parts sourced for this project, stripping and polishing the frame went on forever. I have some nice Judy SL's to go with the bike (thanks to Drapoon) so will fit these one day soon.

I purchased this bike in 1995 from Cambrian (UK distributors), I work for a company that supplied them with goods for another side of their business and got friendly with the guys which eventually ended up with them making me an offer, I could not refuse, to buy the bike. The bike they supplied was the original bike used by Steve Worland to do a review for MTB Pro magazine and also Chipps to ride the 3 peaks (Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike & Snowdon). If anyone has got either magazine I would love a scan. The bike was originally supplied with rigid forks and brand new Manitou 4's as the Judy XC's fitted had blown a cartridge during the magazine tests.

This bike was used by me for over 4 years until I had to stop riding, on doctors orders, due to injury (not bike related). Together we have ridden the South Downs in 2 days, completed 50 mile off-road enduros, many races including NPS at masters level, plus many more adventures. I have tried to keep the restoration faithful to the original build where I can, some parts were replaced over those years and these are what you see in the pictures.

The bike is truly amazing to ride, so quick and light, a real thoroughbred race bike which is what they were designed to be. The Parkpre USA race team prefered these over the Titanium models because of the sharper handling and better power transmission. I hope to bring it along to some retro meets in the future to save any more embaressment having turned up with a fairly modern bike in the past.

Scan of MTB magazine review here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24178

I having problems taking a decent photo of the bike, the frame is so shiny!

A couple of pictures of the frame prior to stripping off the laquer and polishing

Attachments

• PARKPRE-FRAME1.jpg
    PARKPRE-FRAME1.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 26,212
  • PARKPRE-FRAME2.jpg
    PARKPRE-FRAME2.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 26,212
  • PROIMAGE-002.jpg
    PROIMAGE-002.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 26,211

Latest posts

Back