1988 Overbury's Pioneer

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Ok, I own up...it was me that took a punt on the rusty Overbury's on ebay a week ago.... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-OPPORTUN ... true&rt=nc
I figured that anywhere under a ton was well worth the risk with this, so sniped in at the last minute.
Anyhow, it arrived today!
The good....apart from the wheels, front brake and shifters/levers, it's pretty original....

The bad....it is indeed pretty rusty!....

I've had a quick scrape at some of the rust around the BB area, and it doesn't seem to have penetrated too far, but more serious investigation is required. The paint is pretty bad all over, so it may be a full strip and re-finish. The obvious plus side of this is that I can give the frame a proper going over once it's down to bare metal (and rust!)
As was mentioned in the ebay thread on this, the forks are indeed in bad shape too....

All in all though, I'm happy so far! It could be a long (and expensive!) road, but this has got to be worth saving :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: 198? Overbury's Pioneer

AWESUM.

Glad you got it mate, well worth it.... :cool:

great stuff. i love it.

I think it is maybe a 88 with he u-brake. as i recall. i have some old MBUK and will look.

I have some 4 finger leavers and and a matching mavic rim with a overbury sticker on if you want.

Cant wait to see work start.

Cheers
Pete

Hopefully another piece of Bristol will be saved!

Looking forward to seeing it :cool:

I must say, it actually looks in far better condition than mine when i got it.... :cool:

here is the spec list for you mate would be excellent to see it complete the spec.... :cool: I will have a rumage for you too, i muat have some bits, hubs etc.

Attachments

• overburymbiker19880004sml_235.jpg
    overburymbiker19880004sml_235.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 2,275

Excellent! Any help greatly appreciated.
I have an original of that spec sheet, as it came with my other Pioneer.

Nice to see it will be saved by someone on here! :D

Are the forks that bad? Is that crusty bit more than just paint peeling then? :shock:

Are you going to keep the exage mountain or upgrade? Mountain was the first decent shimano group just let down a bit by the levers/shifters and cantis.

Carl

Back