Tingy, tangy citrus (first ride pics, page 3!)

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I've been hankering after a Vit T for a while, and then this one came up as part of a job lot of frames and bits (thanks, futuristiccoldman!), so I took the plunge.
The frame itself needed either polishing or bead blasting, so I decided upon the lazy route and it's heading of to a local metal finishers today.
A few pics of how it is before blasting....

I've bought a pretty much full M737/9 groupset for this, and I'm just waiting for that to arrive.
Bits I have got my grubby mitts on are some lovely offerings from my favourite (one-time) local company....

I plan to get this built up and rideable asap, and then slowly get it exactly as I want it.

Re: Tingy, tangy citrus

Looking forward to seeing this one get built up
also interested in seeing the results of the bead blasting

subscribing for updates, we could all do with a few more Vitamins in our life !

Surprising how quick and easy it is to "ScotchBrite a Ti frame. Doesnt remove any material and costs nothing. Leaves a more pleasing finish than beadblasting IMHO too. Why not try this first?

Wold Ranger":25khwd5u said:
Surprising how quick and easy it is to "ScotchBrite a Ti frame. Doesnt remove any material and costs nothing. Leaves a more pleasing finish than beadblasting IMHO too. Why not try this first?

I did think of going down that route, for more of a brushed finish, but the blasting is only costing me £15 so thought I'd see how that looks.
If I didn't get it 100% uniform by hand, it would drive me mad, so want to see it all flatted back

Trying to refinish it by hand drove me so mad that I had to get it out of my house before I had a nervous breakdown. I will never make that mistake again :oops: , I hope you manage to bring it back to life again.
****************************************Never try and refinish a ti frame without the aid of industrial apparatus***********************************************

futuristicoldman":1mr1z77k said:
Trying to refinish it by hand drove me so mad that I had to get it out of my house before I had a nervous breakdown. I will never make that mistake again :oops: , I hope you manage to bring it back to life again.
****************************************Never try and refinish a ti frame without the aid of industrial apparatus***********************************************

:LOL:
I'll try my best to do it justice Dan!

More parts arrived today! Probably the worst packaging I've ever seen, AND it had come all the way from Hong Kong.
Luckily, it's all just in need of a damn good clean....

cough! canti rule, cough cough

;)

is is the 1 1/8 version? mine is 1", they seemed to have 2 batches of these with both headset sizes.

Back