1986 Fisher Procaliber

Bone Machine

Dirt Disciple
Just finished putting this together a couple of days ago. When I bought it, it was a Frankenbike. The previous owner(s) had replaced all the original parts with mostly lower end components. I only bought it for the frame. I built it with parts I already had lying around. I will eventually give it some a nicer wheel set.

002mfg.jpg

013rvz.jpg

019kr.jpg

030mnt.jpg

038fe.jpg

057de.jpg

059nf.jpg

Thanks, Nader. I actually have a pair of vintage XT hubs. I really should learn to build my own wheels. The going rate around here to have wheels built is $45 per wheel, plus parts. Not sure I want to spend that right now.

Looks great - 80's bike in my size too, they tend to look like gates mostly.

I'm betting it rides really nicely?

Thanks, Rob. It really does ride nicely. In the last three or four years, I've possessed around 20 vintage bikes. I'd say this Fisher is in the top three of my best riders. (Although, because it's my newest build, I might be overly enthusiastic)

I based the year on it having one solid colour. All the pictures I've seen of 87, 88, 89 bikes, the frames were tri-coloured - yellow/red/black.

Re:

Nice bike...sorry, I know this post is old.

I think it's an excellent guess on the year. After all, the funky chainstay mounted U-brakes weren't around very long. Having worked in a bike shop that sold Fishers in 1987, I can confirm that the Procalibers of that year were the red-yellow-black scheme.

Now to get a period-correct steel stem and flat bar for the bike.

Back