1996 Klein Attitude MC2, Monsungrau...

tigern

Retrobike Rider
PoTM Winner
New project, first MC2 for me, although i like the MC1's more. The rear dropouts on a MC1 are just gorgeous, and the shape of the Mission Control on the MC1 looks nicer to me as well, although the technique from the MC2 is really nice...

Got it like this as a frameset with a RockShox fork,

found a rigid fork...

not yet sure about which color it will be, but the wheels are finished already, Mavic 117 ceramic with Rond hubs

Attachments

• MC2-01.jpg
    MC2-01.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 3,268
  • MC2-rf.jpg
    MC2-rf.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 3,268
  • SUP-01.jpg
    SUP-01.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 3,268
Re: 1996 Klein Attitude

Where did you find the ridged fork?
I read an opinion on here recently that the MC2 Team isn't collectable; but I think they are.
Especially with the MC2 stem and a ridged fork painted to match?

I really like the look below with yellow Judy SL fork, but need to get the MC2 stem painted.
Also, it would be great to have a ridged fork for my Team so always on the lookout.

Who are you thinking to do the painting?

Cheers!

8646983353_73f58afecb_c.jpg

shogun":3s6f3vv7 said:
Oh nice! A pic with the Judy on it?

only have one from the previous owner

rigid fork comes from someone in Germany ;) I knew he had it, so it was easier for me to buy the frame... Fork has to be extended because it's for a 19"... And i have to put a noodle on the stem a well, i want to ride it with cantilevers.

Not sure if i keep it in Team color, if so the MC2 and the fork will be red as well, but i'm also thinking about a complete respray. It still looks ok, but has some marks, some chainsuck and some other scratches.

So that's why i'm not sure yet if it has to be resprayed....
If so, i'm gonna do it myself :facepalm:

Attachments

• GroteFoto-NOTB4L74.jpg
    GroteFoto-NOTB4L74.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 3,113

After your experience with the Adroit Mardigras what will be the paint scheme for this one?

If you paint the fork / stem yourself, will you deboss the MC2 and Klein logos?
Let me know if you want to sell the MC2 Judy fork.

Olan21":222t50hp said:
After your experience with the Adroit Mardigras what will be the paint scheme for this one?

I have a very boring plain color in mind...British Racing Green ;) and white decals (debossed) with XTR M900, i would like the Deep Forest Green, but don't know which color come close to it. I think British Racing Green does, but not sure yet if it should be a plain or metallic color...

@Casper: Thanks!

@dazzawazza: Yip, i'll try the debossed way ;) I'll let you know!

@ztecmk2: ;)

Ok, well will watch and see. It does look great with the matching judy and current paint scheme in the owner's pic...

Back