GT PSYCLONE

psyclone1976

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Not a very retro build but I had to take some pics before I start to take it apart :cry:

I bought the frame in '97 while I was a student and built it up from spares a friend gave me cheap as I was shot of cash. It's had a few decent upgrades over the years but nothing too bling. The frame is too small for me and I have just purchased a replacement Steel frame which I will build up and the bits off here will go onto the missus' bike.

Frame: GT Psyclone 1995/6 Tru Temper OX Gold Steel
Forks : Rock Shox Duke SL
Seatpost : Thompson 27.2
Wheels (handbuilt) - XTR Disc hubs on Mavic X517 with black SAP spokes XTR 8 spd cassette
Brakes XTR V's
Stem : Syncros
Shifters : Deore XT 8 speed
Bars: Kore Elite Easton
Pedals: Time World Champion edt
Front Mech: Deore XT
Rear Mech: SRAM Plasma
Cranks: Shimano LX
Tyres : Bonty Revolt Supercross

I'm still not sure if I want to sell the frame yet, loved it too long to give it up but have no need of it now so might as well !!

Attachments

• GT8.jpg
    GT8.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 12,673
  • GT7.jpg
    GT7.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 12,674
  • GT9.jpg
    GT9.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 12,674
  • GT1.jpg
    GT1.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 12,673
More Pics

Attachments

• GT5.jpg
    GT5.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 12,668
  • GT6.jpg
    GT6.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 12,668
  • GT2.jpg
    GT2.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 12,668
  • GT4.jpg
    GT4.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 12,664
That is such a nice GT... You can't beat a small steal GT, reminds me of my 16" 1994 tequesta, however this is much nicer! :D

Very nice, loving the GT and Psyclone decals, never seen in that colour before :shock:
To be able to build it up with XTR, XT and LX bits on the cheap is pretty sweet though ;)

Pickle":1otsltm8 said:
To be able to build it up with XTR, XT and LX bits on the cheap is pretty sweet though ;)

Yeah, I think the deal with my mate was that I would borrow some bits to get it up and running and then give him them back as an when i could afford to replace them. Never really happened :oops: although I did buy the XTR V's and forks recently as upgrades.

Psyclone

Thought the Psyclone was Reynolds tubed? Lovely bike, just taken my 12.5 inch GT Timberline for stripping and painting, Flambo two tone Pink! What size id this baby?

I think most of the Psyclone's were Reynolds but this one is Tru Temper, it's got the real steel feel when riding it, not sure exactly what year it is and have never seen another like it.

It's 16" and I need and 18"/19", been riding it for years in denial that it's too small but finally got round to getting a larger frame. :cry:

Back