Mountain Goat Whiskeytown Racer

ndaand

Retro Guru
I purchased a Whiskeytown Racer frame from the MOMBAT site and it showed up in the mail this week. I won’t have much time to work on it for the next couple of months but wanted to put it forward for my first attempt at a build thread. It is 19” from center to center and has a 1” head tube. The serial number is MG7001 and my guess is that it is a 1995 frame, but could be 1994. It is in good shape except some rash on a seat stay and on the seat tube that may have been from a previous shipping attempt.
As I said, it will be some time before I will begin in earnest. I plan to work on the rough spots on the frame first then consider components I have already including a Rockshox Judy XC and most of a set of XTR M900 items. Based on my estimate of frame year the M900 XTR were fading out at the time. I am inclined to use them anyhow as I have them in hand, and I like them, but will have consider options as I get closer.

The parts, and frame, show use and I’m not going to try for new old stock or pristine parts as it is out of my budget.

So this is the record of my beginning and I will be excited to share the progress.

Attachments

• WTR Frame.jpg
    WTR Frame.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 427
Back