Raleigh M-Trax Ti 1000 spruce up

mtrax

Retro Newbie
Hi all,

Stumbled upon this site looking for some retro bits for my bike. Very nice site.

I have owned an M Trax since 1993 (new), which was also my first ATB bike.

In 1996 I ditched the Alivio & upgraded it to the following spec:

New XTR 1996, but with pre 96 cranks and cassette. With Carbon brake booster.
New Mavic rims with XTR 96 hubs. Later replaced the front rim with a Mavic ceramic one.
Conti Cross Country 1.5" tyres.
X lite titanium handlebar.
Powergrips (remember those?)

I used the bike in summer/winter/rain/snow/sun and retired her around 2000, when I then became interested in cars. Following a brief spell of use in 2005-6 commuting to work, she then spent the following years gathering dust in my garage.

This year I decided to give her spruce up. I gave her a new rear tyre as the original had worn too badly and replaced the brake pads. Other than that, everything was hunky dory.

All that is left to do is to degrease the chain and re lube and she is ready to go. Can't wait to ride her again.
Might try doing an MTB sportive with her.

Will post some pics soon.

Pics please, I have a M-trax Ti1000 with full m900 xtr, great bike sin my opinion.

And welcome to the forum

Yep pics please.
I have an M-Trax with mostly XT M73x but have mostly M900 on my Raleigh RSP

Would love to see pictures of your one.

And do put your Dynatech's up on the Dynatech Appreciation Thread!

Alright gents, here are some pics.
Still need to degrease the chain and fit the Power Grips.

DSCN0859_zpsdae18f1e.jpg

DSCN0866_zps239c21ed.jpg

DSCN0872_zpsd6e933ee.jpg

DSCN0873_zps72465bd2.jpg

DSCN0874_zps57673cab.jpg

DSCN0877_zps9caeb025.jpg

Wheels look a little mismatched. Shame those Conti's are no longer available.

DSCN0878_zps47f0e32a.jpg

The XTR gears still work spot on, even though they have never been adjusted since '96!
Items still to do in the near future is to change the seatpost and seat and most importantly - get her out for a ride :).

Very very very nice!
Love the colour and the components.
I do think that M900 would suit the bike better though rather than the grey XTR as its such a lovely bike with everything mint and about original in period.

Love it

Thank you! :).

I actually prefer the gunmetal grey of the 96 XTR, think it goes well with the red.
I did have '95 bits on it before changing to '96. Still got those bits in as new condition, as they were only used for a few months!

One problem with these pre V brake frame designs is that the rear does still flex a bit (even with the brake booster), when applying the rear brakes.

Very similar set up to me there, I like the frame flex i find it makes for a comfy ride.

spike3":12mcdb2i said:
Very similar set up to me there, I like the frame flex i find it makes for a comfy ride.
ditto that, I love the flex.

Back