Orange P7 1996ish

OrangeRetro

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've finally finished my first retro bike restoration so here it is.

Frame: Orange P7 17"
Forks: Manitou 3

Groupset: Deore XT m737 (m739 rear mech)
Cassette: Sram PG850
Chain: Sram PG850

Wheels: Deore XT m737 hubs on Sun CR17A Rims, DT Swiss DB spokes
Tyres: Panaracer Fire XC folding

Stem: Syncros Cattleprod
Bars: Syncros Pro
Barends: Xlite stubbie enduro
Grips: ODI Attack
Seatpost: USE Aluminium
Seat: Flite Ti with funky yellow kevlar corners!! (hmmm?)

The idea was to get a bike that I wanted BITD but that I just couldn't afford. I always wanted a clockwork, however when I started out on this long and expensive journey, clockwork frames were going for a small fortune. I guess everyone has good memories of them. P7 frames on the other hand, were relitively cheap, so it made sense to base my retro orange around a P7. This frame came up on ebay, I believe it 96, I'm basing this assumption on the fact that it has a canti cable guide on the wishbone and the later front slotted seat tube. Unfortunetly Orange don't keep records of there frame numbers. :? I've then garnished it with 1994 kit as that is when my love affair with bikes started.

Thanks to gil_m for sorting out the frame decals, I think you will agree that they are truely awesome.

Thanks to cjax for the bars.. Just what i was looking for.

And finally thanks to Sheldon Brown (RIP) for having such a great website to explain wheel building... This build wouldn't have been half as fun, or challenging if I hadn't laced together my own wheels! (lets hope that they don't collapse in a heap on the first ride :shock: )

Heres some pics..

Attachments

• P7drive.jpg
    P7drive.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 11,749
  • P7top.jpg
    P7top.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 11,748
  • P7left.jpg
    P7left.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 11,749
  • P7right.jpg
    P7right.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 11,749
And here's the rest of them... appologies for the not so retro content, theres just some nice modern/retro contrasts...

Attachments

• 3some.jpg
    3some.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 11,746
  • Steal.jpg
    Steal.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 11,746
  • Oranges.jpg
    Oranges.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 11,746
:D Like the last picture. What a contrast :shock: needless to say which bike I like the best :D :LOL:

The P7 needs Pace forks

I kind of agree, apart from the fact that I always wanted a set of Manitou's BITD... Needless to say the elastomers are completely shot in them though, so a set of RC35's could be on the cards.. :D

Mmmm, I've got a couple of kona's on the go and I don't think the girl friend will sanction another puchase... errm, however feel free to try and tempt me.... ;)

:shock: That P7 looks ace.. I like the Manitous make it look a bit different :) & for me that's the best colour :cool:

Nice ride :)

Back