Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:14 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:38 am 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Cheers Paul, its a 17" frame.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:38 pm 
Retro Guru

DynaCol wrote:
Cheers Paul, its a 17" frame.

Kinda reminds me of the Justin Loretz roberts :D
still got the old p7 frame in the garage Hmmm , no im 5 10 and it will be too small i know it will :roll:

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:07 am 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Justin Lorentz's Robert's is very nice. I like my bikes to be simple and un-cluttered. Glad to get so many positive comments guys, cheers. Just need to get a bigger house so I can build more bikes now!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:33 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi,
Very nice bike...
I have the same set of derailleurs and I wondering what is the braze-on clamp adaptator have for the front derailleur?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:52 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Slyvester wrote:
Hi,
Very nice bike...
I have the same set of derailleurs and I wondering what is the braze-on clamp adaptator have for the front derailleur?

Hey Slyvester,

The front mech clamp is by Sram. If you Google "Sram front mech clamp" you should find one no problem. :D

Cheers, Col

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:30 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

DynaCol wrote:
It can be a slippery slope adding anodized bits in my opinion, that's why I stopped where I did. Don't want to change the skewers as they are the correct ones to match the hubs and it took me ages to find them.

Cheers, Col

I think you've got it just right Col. Enough bling, but not too much. :wink: Don't want it looking like a tarts handbag like some I've seen on here. :lol: :lol:

Very nice build indeed, and the sachs parts are a nice touch too. As I have posted on the BoTM thread, you're going to get yourself a reputation. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:41 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

firedfromthecircus wrote:
DynaCol wrote:
It can be a slippery slope adding anodized bits in my opinion, that's why I stopped where I did. Don't want to change the skewers as they are the correct ones to match the hubs and it took me ages to find them.

Cheers, Col

I think you've got it just right Col. Enough bling, but not too much. :wink: Don't want it looking like a tarts handbag like some I've seen on here. :lol: :lol:

Very nice build indeed, and the sachs parts are a nice touch too. As I have posted on the BoTM thread, you're going to get yourself a reputation. :lol: :lol:

Thanks, I had this one up at Aviemore too but decided to ride the Mission instead. Got some pretty stiff competition in BOTM so doubt it'll win. I'm happy with it and certainly seems to have got a few admirers so must be doing something right. :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:44 pm 
Retro Guru

Just followed this link from BOTM - lovely build. Nice to see another Sachs quartz build too - the Vit T is my sig has a Sachs quarz gear train - never found any Hubs unfortunately.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:21 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Thx a lot ;)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:29 pm 
Retro Guru

Location: I know where the stash is – the secret's safe with me. The flying squad will never find us...
Been following this too. Absolutely fantastic looking Orange. Love the colour scheme – lovely paint job. Careful use of the red bling works very nicely with the white gloss and the graphics. Good to see the Sachs components on it instead of the usual bits. Very classy by far – this should have gone in July's BoTM – gets my vote! Looks clean, uncluttered and fast – enjoy riding it!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next