95 Orange C16R (Finished!! 12/05/13)

DynaCol

MacRetro Rider
Raleigh Fan
Feedback
View
As the title states, this bike build started with a pair of hubs I've had for some time and have been looking for the right bike to build them up with.
I've always fancied owning an Orange and when I saw this 95 C16R frameset up for sale on here it was a no brainer. It's taken a few months to source all the bits I wanted but have finally got the majority of the key components and finally made a start on assembly yesterday. I've tried to source components from the period 95-97 but don't know the exact year for some of them (I'm sure some of you will correct me where I'm wrong).
Well without further ado here's some pic's of the frameset before.

Attachments

• C16R Frame (before).jpg
    C16R Frame (before).jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 3,633
  • F7 Forks (before).jpg
    F7 Forks (before).jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 3,633
Re: 95 Orange C16R (It started with a pair of hubs)

Pulls up a seat :) looking forward to updates

Jussa :)

So come on then, where are the hubs?!? ;-)

Jussa":2agndd14 said:
Don't forget to add it to this thread, also a good source of info (if you haven't visited it already)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=182168

Jussa :D

Will do once it's finished, have been through that thread to get some ideas for this build :D . You won't have to wait too long for updates have made some good progress so far.

jaypee":24b0re6a said:
So come on then, where are the hubs?!? ;-)

Ok, here they are.

Attachments

• Sachs Quarz Hubs & Cassette.jpg
    Sachs Quarz Hubs & Cassette.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 3,616

If only it was lime green
Mine was lime green and i miss it terribly so :cry:

Whats the model spec of the Sachs hubs :? which is a shame as those look very nice,especially the front. Any idea what model is highest and which lowest ?
It's a hub you dont hear much about these days,did it have a bad rep or something :?

dyna-ti":29mwrlcn said:
If only it was lime green
Mine was lime green and i miss it terribly so :cry:

Whats the model spec of the Sachs hubs :? which is a shame as those look very nice,especially the front. Any idea what model is highest and which lowest ?
It's a hub you dont hear much about these days,did it have a bad rep or something :?

The hubs are Sachs Quarz which was the highest in the range. They were only made for a few years and are quite hard to find now. Luckily I bought these new in 96 and didn't use them that much so they are in really good nick. Don't think there were any problems with them just didn't compete very well with shimano I think, perhaps someone else can confirm the reasons for their short life span.

I'll get some pics of the other bits and the refurbed frameset tomorrow.

Cheers,

Col

So decided to go for a change of colour with the frameset, nothing radical as you can see but I am happy with the result. Got the frameset powder coated at "Powder Coating Carlisle" who did a great job, for anyone who is interested i can recommend them.

Attachments

• F7 Forks (after).jpg
    F7 Forks (after).jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 3,526
  • C16R Frame (after).jpg
    C16R Frame (after).jpg
    121 KB · Views: 3,526
Back