retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
So, I picked this up a while back.

Its a 1988 Specialized Rockhopper Comp in a fetching de-nucci green it is sadly TBFM I think (too big for me) but I wont really find that out until I get a seatpin fitted and the rolls on top of that.

It seems to be in quite original condition, the old tyres were binned and some nice amberwalls from the shed fitted. 18 speed deore gears with an xt rear mech and some lovely 4 finger levers pulling the powerful chainstay U brake.

given her a good clean today and took a couple of shots before the missus comes home and finds I've been working in the lounge on it :|

enjoy

RBG

DSCF6794_zpsc109eaae.jpg

DSCF6793_zps29dcea2f.jpg

DSCF6792_zpse8b94613.jpg

DSCF6790_zps1287e3ca.jpg

Re: 1988 Rockhopper Comp in TBFM size

Does anybody know what size seat post this takes?

I think its a26.4 as my 26.6 wont fit.......

RBG

retrobikeguy":2s8ok8zl said:
Does anybody know what size seat post this takes?

I think its a26.4 as my 26.6 wont fit.......

RBG
My 1988 Rockhopper Comp takes a 26.4.

I have a mahooosively long 26.4 Selcof post in my shed but fear with the latest price increases it may be untenable to post it

26.4 it is then chaps, must get that wanted ad up, kermitgreenkona88 what sort of price were you thinking of .... posted

Bare in mind this is a cheap build :)

RBG

I know I sound stingy :oops: but I need cheaper, counting pennies at the moment

Re: 1988 Rockhopper Comp

ever bought a bike to move through and then found you actually like it?.............

so............ Managed to source a seatpin and I've fitted a nice Turbo saddle that was karma'd to me about 5 years ago from bikeshopowner (RIP) and it looks mint.

Been out for a ride on it today and I had all intentions of passing this on as I feared it too big, its feels like a very comfortable bike - perfectly sized :? strange as I ride a 16" GT normally! not suprising was the brakes, they are sure stoppers, but the derailleur would appear to be past its best, gone a bit stiff so to say, so needing a replacement for that along with a new chain and a shark fin to keep the paint good.

so it appears to have gone from an easy sell through to a keeper :D

This is gonna be my new works ride, sadly as we live in the uk it will be fitted with mudguards for the 9 months of winter we appear to get at the mo

RBG

Back