Early 90's Scott Pro

Old Ned

Old School Grand Master
This was mentioned a little while ago on another topic. I've retrieved it from my son-in-law's garage and it's not in to bad a state. Needs a bit of cleaning up here and there but this is it in its current condition. The components are OK datewise but not necessarily original with the bike. The bar-ends are the long Orange ones (I won them in a Vets XC race), the stem should be a Ritchey (I've still got it) and the cranks XT not the DX as seen (they're on another bike). The pedals are some cheap plastic ones I fitted for S-in-L to use in trainers. Should also have thumbies not Gripshift - I've got those too!

I still think it's one of the best frames I've ever had - road and MTB - the Columbus Max tubing is very stiff and responsive. I'd really like to find a similar date road frame built in Max as well.

I'll try and clean it up soon and see if I can really get it back to original.

Attachments

• ScottTeamPro.1.A.jpg
    ScottTeamPro.1.A.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,549
Should clean up quite well, its a nice bike, huuuuuge bar ends tho' :shock:

Nice Vetta SL, comfiest saddle known to man, I've just put one on my Avalanche :cool:

Yep, they are long. One of the very early designs before a 'standard' was established. Good for getting into a 'tuck' though when hammering on the flat.

The saddle is getting a bit tired but it's still not to bad.

Gave it a good clean-up over the weekend with a view to riding it at the September gathering. Mechanically it wasn't to bad so I didn't bother to strip anything down. My philosophy on bike maintenance is of the 'leave well enough alone' variety.

Been for a couple of short rides and everything works OK. However, the position is a bit fierce compared to my 'modern' ride so I might put the original shorter Ritchey stem on instead of the long Zoom one and raise it.

Nice to see a retro Scott, like Martin said you don't see them very much over here.

Should be a nice rebuild.

Back