Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:09 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:06 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:33 pm
Posts: 11105
Location: The Home Of Mountain Biking, And All Great Things.
Saddle looks a little painful.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:21 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:09 am
Posts: 1260
Location: Chiswick, London
Wow.. lovely colours and lovely bike. Quality build also, just do me a favour and please please please get some plugs to go in the end of your bars :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:59 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:22 pm
Posts: 1935
Location: Berlin
Awesome job! :D

I am no expert on early Kleins but this bike looks more like a 89 Pinnacle Elite. But maybe there was no difference between model year 88 and 89.
http://www.vintage-trek.com/Trek-Fisher ... 9klein.pdf


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:02 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:28 am
Posts: 1665
Location: Pacific Northwest
Rahbari wrote:
Awesome job! :D

I am no expert on early Kleins but this bike looks more like a 89 Pinnacle Elite. But maybe there was no difference between model year 88 and 89.
http://www.vintage-trek.com/Trek-Fisher ... 9klein.pdf


I was thinking that too. Mine is a 89 Pinnacle Elite


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:40 pm 
Dirt Disciple
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:25 pm
Posts: 40
Location: Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Hi Guys thanks again for the great comments :D

The Fluro pink is pure 1980's. Wasn't totally taken with it till I built it up then it just seemed to work. The wife is calling it my Barbie bike and wondering if I'm on the turn.

The Saddle is actually OK got a bit of spring to the middle of it.

Yes the bar ends are missing but only till I get the final set of black bars on it (was just too keen to get out on it so put some old grips on temporarily)

1988 / 1989? I only quoted 1988 because that is how it was originally sold on eBay. The serial number is R25B but from what I've read this is pretty meaningless. The spec for the 88 and 89 looks similar on here

http://mombat.org/Klein_Specs.htm

The only other bit of dating evidence I have is that the rear U-brake that came on the bike, the only component in the sale, is M731 which is a 1988 component.

http://mombat.org/Shimano.htm#1988

ez054098 had a look at your bike and they could neally be twins :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:46 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:28 am
Posts: 1665
Location: Pacific Northwest
bigplinky wrote:
Hi Guys thanks again for the great comments :D

The Fluro pink is pure 1980's. Wasn't totally taken with it till I built it up then it just seemed to work. The wife is calling it my Barbie bike and wondering if I'm on the turn.

The Saddle is actually OK got a bit of spring to the middle of it.

Yes the bar ends are missing but only till I get the final set of black bars on it (was just too keen to get out on it so put some old grips on temporarily)

1988 / 1989? I only quoted 1988 because that is how it was originally sold on eBay. The serial number is R25B but from what I've read this is pretty meaningless. The spec for the 88 and 89 looks similar on here

http://mombat.org/Klein_Specs.htm

The only other bit of dating evidence I have is that the rear U-brake that came on the bike, the only component in the sale, is M731 which is a 1988 component.

http://mombat.org/Shimano.htm#1988

ez054098 had a look at your bike and they could neally be twins :wink:


I had this poster hanging in my dorm room


Attachments:
klein_pinnacle.jpg
klein_pinnacle.jpg [ 180.11 KiB | Viewed 59 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:29 pm 
Dirt Disciple
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:25 pm
Posts: 40
Location: Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Love that picture but not so sure about the radial spoked front wheel


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:04 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:28 am
Posts: 1665
Location: Pacific Northwest
bigplinky wrote:
Love that picture but not so sure about the radial spoked front wheel


Yeah, land wrong and it turns into a taco


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:21 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:07 pm
Posts: 5749
Location: Portsmouth
I have one of those posters in my garage, its laminated so its still as fresh as new!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:48 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:28 am
Posts: 1665
Location: Pacific Northwest
Vinevo wrote:
I have one of those posters in my garage, its laminated so its still as fresh as new!


So is mine and it now hangs in my garage. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Eagach, Elev12k, kase1983, Klein-aficionado, shinobi and 36 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group