Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:14 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:22 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:03 pm
Posts: 11796
Location: Returning
Got an MBK barouder (I think) ,a hi-ten flouro and purple beauty ,steel bolt on wheels and a plastic coated steel crank
So the build , need to find the frame set first , got a lot of less than perfect parts in the big shed , so a scrap /repaired build will be the brief


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:05 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:12 am
Posts: 81
Location: Settle N Yorks
mikee wrote:
Got an MBK barouder (I think) ,a hi-ten flouro and purple beauty ,steel bolt on wheels and a plastic coated steel crank
So the build , need to find the frame set first , got a lot of less than perfect parts in the big shed , so a scrap /repaired build will be the brief



Oh right, maybe Amazon is too high spec then with it's lardy-dah Altus c10 with front qr and as the frame sticker says it has some chromoly somewhere.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:38 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:45 pm
Posts: 587
Any bike will do as long as its pre 97 and not normally seen on rb,or you wouldn't normally be seen on it,
Nothing fancy but you can upgrade with anything you like:)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:29 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:03 pm
Posts: 11796
Location: Returning
Grumpy farmer wrote:
mikee wrote:
Got an MBK barouder (I think) ,a hi-ten flouro and purple beauty ,steel bolt on wheels and a plastic coated steel crank
So the build , need to find the frame set first , got a lot of less than perfect parts in the big shed , so a scrap /repaired build will be the brief



Oh right, maybe Amazon is too high spec then with it's lardy-dah Altus c10 with front qr and as the frame sticker says it has some chromoly somewhere.



An amazon will be fine tho it is the best (?) of the crap ralieghs
I had one a million years ago ,it wasn't a bad bike to ride , but the frame weighed a Ton
In a fit of madness I cut thru the seat stays and found out they were solid bar
I have a Raleigh Yukon in the shed at the moment , really nice frame ,raleigh's good stuff


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:45 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 2500
Location: West Sussex
how about a Falcon for real BSO royalty.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:36 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:15 pm
Posts: 3499
Location: Behind you with the duct tape pulled out.
Is there anyone willing to do the reverse? Tourney equiped zaskar, sis kit on a pace :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:25 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 2500
Location: West Sussex
poweredbypies wrote:
Tourney equiped zaskar, :lol:


Sounds like my one...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:32 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:45 pm
Posts: 587
poweredbypies wrote:
Is there anyone willing to do the reverse? Tourney equiped zaskar, sis kit on a pace :lol:


Thinking out the box pies :lol:

Send me a zaskar someone :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:05 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:59 pm
Posts: 2178
Location: Kent, UK
poweredbypies wrote:
Is there anyone willing to do the reverse? Tourney equiped zaskar, sis kit on a pace :lol:


There are already plenty of these on ebay!

I have a nice 1993 Raleigh Cyclone going free. Its very basic, plastic coated steel cantis, levers, cranks etc. Weighs about 35lbs.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:13 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:33 am
Posts: 2923
Location: daaan saaaf
I do have a very cheap £7.00 plastic Sunrace friction thumb shifter for the XT front mech on my carbon fiber hardtail. Does that count? :D

Feel the quality:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: groovyblueshed, Jamis Diablo, magas and 40 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group