Alpinestars Al-mega AKA the bed frame.

MADB

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I picked this frame up from a Racin'snake as I have always wanted one and like a project. I had every intention of polishing the frame but after stripping the frame it was a little more pitted than I thought it might be.

So after a very cheep powder coat in a nice NHS bed frame cream/grey colour and the parts from my Nishiki frame I almost have a full bike. Some tit has cut off the front mech mount, so the post man in delivering a e-type mec and then just a brake booster to find and fit.

Turns out I like it, very understated and I think some white decal at some point.

You will have to excuse the use of electrical tape. :oops:

IMAG0178 by Brian Marshall1, on Flick

IMAG0179 by Brian Marshall1, on Flickr

IMAG0177 by Brian Marshall1, on Flickr

main.php

main.php

Looks great. I just picked one up myself for a project. Can you tell me the seatpost size, it has me a little stumped.

Thanks!

I have a 31.6 seat post and a 35mm seat post clamp in mine and seem it fit well, both are on loan from my Cube.

If Stormtoopers got around the Death Star on MTBs...

Some red decals to match the forks would liven it up a bit ;)

The E-Type front mech. needs some form of lug on the seat tube to secure the bolt to that stops it rotating in operation...

...not enough to just secure it in place with the BB cup; the chain will 'grab' it and rotate it until it comes up against the top of the BB shell.

Jezzz that's one nice frame wrapped in a VERY grey coating. . . .
Looks like it escaped the paintshop before the top coat and lacquar could be applied :|

We_are_Stevo":p2ivm2l0 said:
The E-Type front mech. needs some form of lug on the seat tube to secure the bolt to that stops it rotating in operation...

...not enough to just secure it in place with the BB cup; the chain will 'grab' it and rotate it until it comes up against the top of the BB shell.

God dame it..... :facepalm: I don't know that thanks for letting me know. Any ideas?

Cheers Brian

Retro Spud":16hp1qz2 said:
Jezzz that's one nice frame wrapped in a VERY grey coating. . . .
Looks like it escaped the paintshop before the top coat and lacquar could be applied :|

I know and its a bit of crime to the frame but it was the colour they were using in the powder coaters when I doped the frame of. It will get recoated in candy apple red or green when the funds allow but for now it will do to thrash about on ( if I get the front mech sorted :? ).

Brian

I think a low-mount front mech might just sit low enough to work, have you got one to offer up?

Remember you need bottom pull!

Back