Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:34 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject: 1990s Raleigh M-Trax
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:05 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi all, I am new to the Retro scene and also a returning Cyclist after a long break ( way to long), I have just Purchased a Raleigh M-Trax 1000 I think or 1500, Most of the Decals are missing. It is pretty much original by what I can workout except for the Saddle, and tyres.

I already have a question hope you do not mind, Does anyone Know what Car paint Colour's Match the M-Trax Grey tubing and the Red Metalic.
I do not think Halfords would like it much If I took my bike round the paint section trying to find a colour, I had a look today and I thought Rover Nightfire was close, but anu help would be great.

waiting for my rear wheel to finished at local shop as it had a bit of a wobble few spokes loose. then I have got to set too with the cleaning and polishing and a bit of a touch up if possible.

Chucking it down with snow here in Norfolk, so Not sure if I will get much done over the weekend.

Anyway I look forward to getting started and getting more into the Retro biking, well I find it really funny that when I was young my parents bought me a M-trax form gibbons cycles in Spalding then went onto road bikes, and now at 42 after a couple of modern bikes I have returned to my first ever Mountain bike.

Anyway enough waffle from me.
Will post some pictures when I get a chance

Post subject: Re: 1990s Raleigh M-Trax
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:11 pm 
Retro Guru

Welcome :P

Looking forward to seeing some pictures, also because i have recently bought a M Trax 1000 frame which i aim to build as original as possible and i am a sucker for Raleighs 8)

Post subject: Re: 1990s Raleigh M-Trax
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:16 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

welcome, Halfords wont have any problem with you taking your bike in, I do all the time they are always courteous.