Bikeshopowner

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Very Nice, Just back from Bob Jackson's after a lovely respray

It's a oldy but a very very goody!

spec_1.jpg

spec_2.jpg

Ohh. That's old. '88 maybe. Stumpjumper?

I'm going to have to refinsh mine now..

oooooh very close 1/2 way there!

You're right on the date it's an '88 Team Stumpjumper made in Japan! It was originally Grey / white, the guy who owns it has had it from new too!

grey / white? did it originally have orange & white decals? I had a team stumpy around that time in that colour scheme. same bike used to appear in the switchbak ads.. although mine didnt have under the chainstays U brake. It could have been as early as 84 going by the seatstay lug.

Exactly what I thought too! Checked in the 25 Years Stumpy book, and indeed '88 had XT Canti's, I think earlier too.

For some strange reason I had thoughts of Sally Ann Hibberd going through my head! Ooooer, showing my age now!

Bikeshopowner":kr23e00k said:
Exactly what I thought too! Checked in the 25 Years Stumpy book, and indeed '88 had XT Canti's, I think earlier too.

For some strange reason I had thoughts of Sally Ann Hibberd going through my head! Ooooer, showing my age now!

Sally Hibberd, didnt she breast feed her child mid-way through a race at the malvern hills classic 1 year? (no I havent been drinking!)

Back