Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:37 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject: Re: Boulder Starship
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:21 pm 
Retro Guru

Grumpy farmer wrote:
ovlov440 wrote:
...my dream bike has always been an AMP but I have never bought one and probably never will for the same reason you mention above. Sometimes it is better not to find your Unicorn or meet your heroes - they are unfortunately not always as cool as they seem from a distance :-(

Tis very true!

I think I prefer stuff that's a little bit, well, poo. I bought a Raleigh Amazon locally the other week and for some reason I think it's great, even though in 1992 I would have laughed at it. Then again I've owned a Lada Niva, a Suzuki Jimny and a Peugeot Bipper, that says it all doesn't it :lol:

Respect for the Lada Niva :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:55 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

Possibly the best bike name EVER!! :D

That is very funky looking, a great find, but I know what you mean about "meeting your heroes", I bought a Proflex a few years back as I'd lusted after one years ago, but to be honest it was...alright, a bit *meh* really. Same as in the early 90's I had a quick 5min ride on a Klein Attitude dolomite and was blown away by it, but I think now it would seem just "ok", things have moved on and I've ridden plenty more bikes since then.
I'm sure you'll have no problem shifting that bike though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:05 pm 
Dirt Disciple

ovlov440 wrote:
Grumpy farmer wrote:
ovlov440 wrote:
...my dream bike has always been an AMP but I have never bought one and probably never will for the same reason you mention above. Sometimes it is better not to find your Unicorn or meet your heroes - they are unfortunately not always as cool as they seem from a distance :-(

Tis very true!

I think I prefer stuff that's a little bit, well, poo. I bought a Raleigh Amazon locally the other week and for some reason I think it's great, even though in 1992 I would have laughed at it. Then again I've owned a Lada Niva, a Suzuki Jimny and a Peugeot Bipper, that says it all doesn't it :lol:

Respect for the Lada Niva :D

Haha, you had to respect it or it would try and kill you. Try as I might I couldn't get the brakes to balance so if you had to brake hard you ended up in a hedge, wall or ditch. I didn't have it long.