Muddy Fox Newbie - Finally Finished Fiddling with thanks.

The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
GO TO MY LAST POST AS NOW SETTLED ON FINISHED BIKE. THANKS TO ALL

Just bought this locally. Can find very little info online. I was told it was bought August 1997 £1600! I'm not interested in value, I got it to ride as I need to get fit and fancied tinkering. Rear shock is a bit soft with my weight on it(18+st) so should I invest in a shock pump and risk increasing the psi?

Any info re model and spec would be appreciated. Thanks

Also how do I access my profile asi misspelt name!

Re: Be gentle with me! Muddyfox newbie

Having trouble uploading large pic........... :-(

OK how do i get a pic on here, tried going to low quality now i get a message re pixels! I'm not a *£$%" I.T. expert!

Do it thru photobucket or similar

Finally I think i resized it with MS image editor. Anyway, back to the bike. I already love it. Brakes are shimano deore? and nearly threw me as it's been years since my raliegh Chopper etc ;)

Attachments

• bike email.JPG
    bike email.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 2,421

It says Muddy Fox Rock n Roll team on crossbar. Everything is shimano Deore inc brakes. it says JUDY Dh on shock stickers ( i put the rock shox ones on) The front tyre was too big for the back frame gap! Didn't realise it was oversize? original had perished along with tubes. other tyre holding pressure ok... The large front sprocket appears to be anodised in a gold colour. Wheel are Mavic and still had tatty bits of sticker on "SUP" MAVIC ? any info appreciated or compliments re condition - all original but was in need of a good clean and a bit of TLC.

I have a quick review of this in a 1997 copy of MBR magazine. Will add a pic tomorrow of you're interested.

RRP was actually £1,800 as it's got lots of high-end kit on it. Looks very tidy and original!

That would be great! Appreciate any information as have nothing. Will be changing the saddle! Went out today on a 3 mile fault finding ride. Could tell that any decent distance on that and I would be I trouble.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Definitely 1997. The chap i got it from bought it the weekend Diana was killed :( He had had it from new and was very genuine. Also managed to find this online

Attachments

• image206.gif
    image206.gif
    125.9 KB · Views: 2,366
Back