Marmite: Orange Clockwork (Slime Green)

iharrison9

Old School Hero
Marmite: Love it or hate it…,

I bought this bike off here to use as my daily ride. I did get carried away and paid over the odds; most components were either worn or poor quality. I would have been far better just buying a descent Orange frame only.

I have replaced everything on the bike. Purist might not agree but I do intend to ride everyday and lots of the parts were available when this bike was new.

I like the end result, I’ve brought new life into an old bike and I doubt I’ll run into another, it’s a little on the heavy side but rides well……..

Still need 24T or 26T granny and a 34T or 36T middle….

Anyway what do you think?

Attachments

• Orange1a.jpg
    Orange1a.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 585
  • Orange2a.jpg
    Orange2a.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 586
  • Orange3a.jpg
    Orange3a.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 586
  • Orange4a.jpg
    Orange4a.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 587
I think its a great colour :D
i dont think i could live with chainset though , but then thats just me !

I think it would look really good with a full black lx groupset .

cheers Paul

Aggggghhhhh my eyes

Just kidding :LOL: , the forks are a bit too long for the frame and the risers and bar ends look odd but if it's a rider who cares, at least it's getting used ;)

jimihendrix":2lhmv8h8 said:
Aggggghhhhh my eyes

Just kidding :LOL: , the forks are a bit too long for the frame and the risers and bar ends look odd but if it's a rider who cares, at least it's getting used ;)

I was about to post exactly the same comments, only to scroll down and find you'd already done it for me :LOL:

There's a lot going on there, old, new, red, carbon, slime green... but if you like how it rides then its a job well done :)

I've orderd some shorter bar ends for it.... in red of cource.

I did have a set of NOS black LX cranks but I sold them and apart from the original Altus these are all I have.

Just bought a couple of descent chain rings of here so should ride even better,,,,,

Not sure about the height of the forks, I was tempted to go back to rigid if I can find a set as I don;t do any off roading.....

Keep you posted.

If you go for a set of rigids look for a set of the thin spinner style forks, these have a bit of springyness in them (like a road bike fork) so allow a bit of comfort while still being direct.

SAM_0429.jpg

Other options would be Orange F7's, Orange alluminium forks, Kona P2's or Pace RC30's, these will give a harsher ride though.

Thats a nice looking bike.....
I actually sold a set of Pace carbon rigids as well......
I'll keep an eye out for some F7's, can't imagine easy to get them colour matched though.....

Back