Look what I rescued from the TIP! M Trax Titanium

jimbog

Senior Retro Guru
Popped to the local tip at the weekend to chuck an old frame. As I placed it in a pile of other bike bits I noticed an M trax sticker then a Dyna Tech seat post glaring up at me. It did not have the wheels with it (these are mine already) but it did have a complete set of Dia compe 986 cantis fitted.

The plan is to either build it up as it is for my younger brother to use or give it a full strip down and paint job over the summer, probably involving a neon colour in combination with raw Titanium main tubes. The original paint is in really good nick and as you will see from the pics has a glitter finish like the MT4 frames.

015-3_zps4cc63036.jpg

016-3_zpsa83b10ed.jpg

017-3_zpsd5cabafa.jpg

018-3_zpsdc6035c0.jpg

019-3_zps69e93340.jpg

005-5_zpsa3598683.jpg

Wow ! What a nice find, it looks in great condition too and I like the sparkle finish. The 2120 sticker denotes this I think as a frameset with the top tube and down tube are ti with the rear stays and seat tube being cr-mo, my Diablo is 2125 where the seat tube is also ti. As a shameless plug if you are after a set of original Raleigh ti bars then I have some going cheap ! ;)

A quick question regarding tip finds. How do you go about getting them?

I found a relatively nice bike in a skip at my local tip not so long ago, but when I enquired about it, the guy said that nobody (not even them apparently) was allowed in the skip to get it out..

RockiMtn":fvqm00ir said:
Nice rescue/score! Like the paint. What's the story on the tubing, is it all Ti?
Top, down and seat tubes are Ti. Headtube and seat post lug are aluminium. Rear stays and bottom bracket shell are cro moly. :)

Barneyballbags":3cozzc6j said:
A quick question regarding tip finds. How do you go about getting them?

I found a relatively nice bike in a skip at my local tip not so long ago, but when I enquired about it, the guy said that nobody (not even them apparently) was allowed in the skip to get it out..

Not really sure mate. This was lying by the side of one of the big metal skips and not in it. You are supposed to ask before you take I think. I asked the young lad working there and he said to just take it.

trek_y":3i4vvkmz said:
Wow ! What a nice find, it looks in great condition too and I like the sparkle finish. The 2120 sticker denotes this I think as a frameset with the top tube and down tube are ti with the rear stays and seat tube being cr-mo, my Diablo is 2125 where the seat tube is also ti. As a shameless plug if you are after a set of original Raleigh ti bars then I have some going cheap ! ;)

Thanks for all the thumbs up everybody.

Trek_y cheers but I have a black pair of ritchey forcelite bars for it already :)

Back