avalanche_gt-1000qspd5.jpg

avalanche_gt-1001rlp3t.jpg

avalanche_gt-1002ycrf9.jpg

avalanche_gt-10031vptz.jpg

avalanche_gt-1004ngpv2.jpg

avalanche_gt-1005sgohu.jpg

avalanche_gt-1006azpor.jpg

feel free to comment.

Cool as. As far as mass produced stuff goes, this is right up there as an icon of what everyone loves about this era. Great paint, clean lines, just a sweet bike. Look after it, it's in great nick.

the iconic gt for me......great bike, right from the sweetspot of '90s mtb progress, when i delivered papers solely for the aquisition of bike bits.......i have the uk review of it if you need it?.......

I never had a pre-1997 GT before. I started with a 2000 or 2001 GT Arrowhead, very low budget, but loved the bike. That's when I fell in love.

I updated my Arrowhead from Acera-X and Altus components to LX/XT. But then I bought a different kind of bike, it was this one:

bringapbycy.jpg

But what was that? A mix of trial frame and CC components. I was a mess.

I had to clear my had. My first summer job. Great, nice payment. What did I do? I bought this beauty:

gt_ruckus_1.0-38v7azp.jpg

Well, and so it began. Then came a 2001 GT Ruckus custom build, a 1993 Psyclone frame, a 1992 Timberline (just like this Avalanche) and now this one.

img_59729xlx353ug3.jpg

I cannot be cured anymore, I think. But after I will finish my Psyclone, there will be some time of rest for a while.

So YES, please bring the UK review on!!

That's really nice - I have a GT catalogue from that era and I do keep wondering if I should have saved a bit harder and bought one of these for the extra £200 over my Tequesta.

Latest posts

Back