Pace RC200 F6 : F618163

Re: New Bike!!! F618163

Pace RC200 F6, I was really looking for an RC300 but when this one popped up in 18" size...well I just had to... :D
One owner from new, it's seen some XC action, and was last used as a road training bike for a few years before being stored away, so the frame is a little tatty but should clean up ok I think.
On the plus side it's got some M739 XT bits on it, Pace RC30 forks, RC45 stem, X-lite bars & bar ends, USE seatpost (shimmed :? should I change it?), Flite saddle, and XT/Mavic X517 rims with skinwall Tioga City Slicker tyres :cool:
It's all in working order, so I'll change the tyres, fit some pedals and head out to the Moray Monster Trails tomorrow for a first test drive of it :D :D :D

Pics are some that the seller sent me, I'll take some myself in due course...

DSCN1744_zps6ec8f76d.jpg

DSCN1745_zps30f1d1b0.jpg

Plans for it... well I have some RC38 forks that will suit it, and the frame has a disc mount, so disc brakes look likely, and I believe you can get horizontal dropouts for these as well? :twisted:

Re: New Bike!!! Pace RC200 F6 : F618163

Shimmed USE seatpost on a Pace; do I don't I? Bit like asking about putting grease on a square taper BB. Upto f6 Pace manual said no quite categorically. From f6 up (sure it is f6 and not f7, sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) Pace made their own shim. I've always run a USE seatpost with Pace shim for the entire life of my f8. Works fine, creaks sometime but so does my seatpost on my carbon roadie. Just have to put a wee smidge of grease everywhere.

Cracked my frame with a shimmed X lite post, thankfully was able to get it repaired but personally would reccomend getting a correct diameter seat post :)

I wondered if anyone would buy this from the chap on Singletrack world, I had first dibs on it but turned it down when I saw the disc mount. Looks very nice apart from that! Glad someone on here got it.

Yes I asked about the disc mount, he said that the part itself was from Pace, but it wasn't factory fitted, it was welded on by someone else. Looks ok to me, functional not elegant. I went to collect the bike and had a good close look at the disc mount, around the headtube, seattube and bottom bracket areas before parting with my hard-earned.

I'm on the lookout for a good quality 29.4 seatpost now, the shimmed USE one can be put to use on another bike. No reason to cut corners or take a chance with a Pace frame... ;)

jimo746":27wrov4l said:
Yes I asked about the disc mount, he said that the part itself was from Pace, but it wasn't factory fitted, it was welded on by someone else. Looks ok to me, functional not elegant. I went to collect the bike and had a good close look at the disc mount, around the headtube, seattube and bottom bracket areas before parting with my hard-earned. ;)

I'm sure its fine mate, he told me the same. I didn't want to run discs so it wasn't the one for me that's all. Great deal though.

Back