Breezer Storm - A few pics

zstar

Retro Newbie
Here is my Breezer Storm, no idea of its birth. Slightly tricked, slightly battle scarred but still an amazing tool.

19" Frame I think. Very light with a majority of XT with LX Top Shifters(could never find any XT's when I had spare cash),X-LITE titanium bits everywhere. Onza bar ends and Titanium Flite for good measure too. Can't remember who made the crank either :(.

Just gave it a hose off after a ride. Not as gleaming as some of the machines on here. Feel a tad embarrassed. :oops:

P1020493_zps1e51d7da.jpg

P1020482_zps96a70fca.jpg

P1020475_zps5d7bb211.jpg

P1020476_zps2793cf30.jpg

P1020494_zps4b4f4505.jpg

P1020477_zpse8ca5286.jpg

Wheels Built by Dave Hinde
- Campag Atecs on XT hubs with Psycho II's
P1020490_zps71a6243b.jpg

P1020486_zpsde1b72d8.jpg

P1020487_zpsadb6a440.jpg

P1020492_zps2b19b07d.jpg

Think I may have just shamed myself into giving it a proper clean! :facepalm:

I certainly wouldn't feel embarrassed with that my old buttercup..I'd be more than happy to own it

I'd always prefer to see pictures of a bike which has been used for its intended purpose rather than a Klein garage queen with fancy paint, photographed artistically against a colour-matched background ;)

Looks lovely :cool:

Lovely bike, nice to see it!

I had a set of Dave Hinde wheels back when he was well respected. were very well made - those Campag rims looks fab!

As an unashamed lover of patina I think that's a cracking bike. It oozes cool and it's great to see it being used and appreciated. I imagine Joe Breeze would be delighted to bump into you on it out on the trails. :cool:

Thanks for the comments. Feel a bit better now :)

It is a lovely ride no getting away from it. Handles really nice. My only issue is I am a little big for it now.

I love the paintwork, classy yet understated, we had our shed broken into a few years ago and they left my bike and ran off with a glittery £50 heap, they had to move mine out of the way to get to it! :facepalm:

To be honest twas that mine, I'd retire the tyres :LOL: .....give it a bit of a clean, fit the xt shifters, give it a service and would then stop. I love it as it is, a genuine lovely and great riding bike

on the shifters...the lx/xt mix for this bike i think would have been factory fit???

Back