Rudge Biframe

Imadeitmeself

Dirt Disciple
Hi All,
I am a newbie on here, but have just built up a Rudge (Montague) Biframe from a frame bought on ebay a while back.
The components are nothing spectacular as I just built it up with what I had lieing about. Will upgrade as I pick up bits & pieces I think. Other than cleaning the frame up, I decided to leave the paintjob "as is" with the few chips & scratches as I like the "patina".

Took it out for its first test ride yesterday in a blizard!! Rides well & after a few adjustments last night (frame alignment as its hinged in the middle! , and readjustment of rear mech) took it out for a 5 miler this morning.

Attachments

• web1.JPG
    web1.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 702
  • web2.JPG
    web2.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 703
  • web3.JPG
    web3.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 702
Thanks, Yeah its a bit of an oddball. Its because it hinges in the middle. The BB is offset from the tube so the hole thing can swivel. I was suprised how well it rides & it weighs in at just under 15KG its no lightweight but I didn't think it was bad considering the extra bits for the foldy bit.
I get some pix of it folded tommorow when I get back to the workshop.
As you can see Blue is the theme!

These normally appear on ebay/gumtree about twice a year. Heavy old buggers due to the folding arrangement

Never going to be a big money bike but hey some of the best fun i've ever had has been on entry level bikes

well done sir

Few more pix guys, one of it folded. Not the smallest package, but fits in the boot of the car OK & its a full size bike at the end of the day!!

Some views of the foldy bits & the unusual BB position. It was fun trying to fit the shimano cartridge BB assy, as the seat tube intersects through some of the BB housing I had to skim down the centre of the cartridge to make it fit!

Attachments

• wb4.JPG
    wb4.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 574
  • wb3.JPG
    wb3.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 573
  • wb2.JPG
    wb2.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 573
  • wb1.JPG
    wb1.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 575
After yesterdays test ride, further rear mech adjustment was required. As I said in my first post I've just built this up from what bits & pieces I had lying about. Well the rear mech was one I had played around with in my teenage days & the mounting pivot was like well..... a prick in a bucket !!. So today I opted to re-bush it to get thing changing smoothly. Works nice now!

Attachments

• wb5.JPG
    wb5.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 573
Back