Muddyfox Courier - Poss 1988, info wanted.

MADJEZ

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just collected this 'plie of junk' as the missus described it after taking a punt with no info and rubbish photo.
I don't know much about Muddyfox other than they used to be cool but are now a BSO brand of Sports Direct.

I've had a look on here and think this is a 1988 model (had a U-brake).
Any info or catalogue pix gratefully received.
I believe LGF had one in this colour.

Rather happy with the the non-original XT rear mech it came with :D
Wondering if the Sugino crank was originally yellow or if someone painted it.

MuddyfoxCourier88_zps1cf6faa2.jpeg

nice and another one raises a (wounded) paw :cool:

interesting (to my inner-nerd) that this appears to be fully lugged and yet mine, which by colouring is earlier is only, partly, lugged at the seat tube?

does yours have the paw prints on the seat stay tops?

Lovely bike though - my original was that size 18" c to top me thinks.

The, cranks aren't the X1 "timmy mallet" ones are they by chance???

Suntour 4050 accushift stuff comes up on 'bay regularly in NOS (mechs)

cheers
And

Cheers guys, I've literally just collected it and parked in the shed so not given it a good going over yet.
It's a bit small for me but I took a punt cos it looked original and I thought it might be worth saving
rather than become someones pub bike.
Will strip & clean at the weekend and put some pix up when its a bit more presentable.
Frame has a few scrapes but paint is otherwise pretty amazing for a nearly 25 year old bike.

Lovely. defo 89.
i always has a feeling these were the exact same frameset as the 88 white and purple but with a crackle paint job to sell the last ones on.
kind of like saracens did with limited editions.
Would love to find out if you can compare to an 88 courier.

Good find, I have been keeping an eye out for this exact model crackel courier as a friend had one BITD.

Interesting that about the 88 frame with an 89crackle paint... The 88 forks had a bigger offset and lugged frame..
Does it have wishbone stay? 89 had wishbone stay, I think 88 did not...
Could be quite an interesting bike.. Great buy

mrgumby":1o1if9o5 said:
Interesting that about the 88 frame with an 89crackle paint... The 88 forks had a bigger offset and lugged frame..
Does it have wishbone stay? 89 had wishbone stay, I think 88 did not...
Could be quite an interesting bike.. Great buy

Catalogue pic of the '89 shows regular stays, that and the Roadrunner and the only bikes from '89 that show them all the rest got Wishbones, maybe trying to keep the Roadrunner and Courier as 'Classics'?

Carl.

Back