Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:26 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:30 am 
Retro Guru

OldFatTi wrote:
Great bike. Great work on a well used frame that could tell a few stories... Now she's like new again! Fantastic.

Bucks are in no way not a top of the line bike... The quality of materials, design and manufacture are equal to the Yo Eddy, though Bucks ride a bit softer which I actually like! In fact a Buck is a lot like a Titanium Fat, just heavier and not as quick. But still awesome.

And nowt wrong with Pace on a Fat, though being a 94 you can run something better and more travel than an RC35... RC36 set at 70mm ride sublimely ;)

Cheers mate, I love the monostay frame design and it's my nod to the Ti until I can afford/warrant getting one :D

In terms of the fork, I've always liked the RC35 (hence why I have one!) and will see how it rides on that before deciding whether to keep it on there or not. I also have an F7 fork which I was thinking about getting sprayed up the same colour as the frame if I wanted to swap over to a rigid build at some stage.

Once I get a headset (King surely?) I can really get cracking and will post some more pics soon.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:48 pm 
Retro Guru

Wow, nice restoration!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:26 pm 
Retro Guru

OldFatTi wrote:
Great bike. Great work on a well used frame that could tell a few stories... Now she's like new again! Fantastic.

Bucks are in no way not a top of the line bike... The quality of materials, design and manufacture are equal to the Yo Eddy, though Bucks ride a bit softer which I actually like! In fact a Buck is a lot like a Titanium Fat, just heavier and not as quick. But still awesome.

And nowt wrong with Pace on a Fat, though being a 94 you can run something better and more travel than an RC35... RC36 set at 70mm ride sublimely ;)

Just realised this was your old frame :oops: :oops:

#61B4M in all it's glory.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:52 am 
Retro Guru

Sorted the Syncros post, decals courtesy of Gil....

Seat clamp is off my P7 but isn't quite right. Getting the headset fitted by the LBS this weekend so will start looking more bike like as the weeks go on!

Attachments:
post.jpg
post.jpg [ 130.17 KiB | Viewed 704 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:31 pm 
Retro Guru

Looks great! Blue with silver is very nice combination

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:46 pm 
Retro Guru

CAPIN wrote:
Looks great! Blue with silver is very nice combination

Yeah I hope it won't be an overload of silver but I'll have black forks and with the tyres etc there should be enough to break it up.

Will get some more photos up soon!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:00 pm 
Retro Guru

It will look classy. Dont worry. I recently also entered the FAT club, but my build goes very slow. Looking forward to to see yours finished!

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:49 pm 
Old School Grand Master

It looks really sleek with that blue and i don't think their will be to much silver but if it does seem to much then you could always fit a blue riser bar ..

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:28 pm 
Retro Guru

Been getting a few extra bits onto the bike, fitted the headset, forks, stem (went a bit spacer mad, need to sort out how that looks), mech etc.

Getting there! Still more to do but it's on the way. Oh, and I need some new hubs and ideally new rims but they'll do until I get paid at least!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:07 am 
Old School Grand Master

Wow !! this bike is going to look awesome as i can see theirs that special look about it already 8) ..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next