1994 Fat Chance Buck Shaver #61B4M - Finished

Tom79

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
This may take some time to update as I work through it, but here goes for the first installment.

Always wanted a Fat Ti but was always, and still is out of reach financially. So Fats have always been a lure for me, and I was able to get hold of a Buck Shaver frame from Northerndave and have decided to give it the treatment. The photos below are courtesy of Dave from his original sale thread (top man by the way, royalty free photos I hope ;)), and I will update with new ones once the frame is back from Argos.

I'm spraying it cobalt blue, for no other reason than it's my favourite colour. The decals are black which isn't ideal as they may be hard to see but they do have a silver outline which should come through on the blue nicely.

Will stick some pics up of the components as well, so far I have the following to go on it...

Pace RC35s
XT mechs, shifters, levers
XT canti's
USE post
Syncros Cattleprod
Pace RC130
Porcipaw grips
Smoke/Dart amberwalls

So I'm getting there, will keep this thread updated with pics once it's back.

Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 2,580
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 2,580
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 2,580
Re: 1994 Fat Chance Buck Shaver build thread

looking forward to pics of cobalt blue buck shaver. I would have taken white decals ...white on blue could be very nice.

Nader":2efokmr8 said:
looking forward to pics of cobalt blue buck shaver. I would have taken white decals ...white on blue could be very nice.

Yeah I thought the same...I do like silver on blue though and these are original decals and hard to come by so I went for it and will see how it turns out!

Looking forward to getting it back so I can build it and ride it!

So I got the frame back from Argos....am pretty happy with it. The decals are originals (thanks Northerndave) and I was worried about how the black would come out against the blue...but the silver outline brings it out nicely I think. Plus it's my favourite colour so I'm happy! It looks lighter and more metallic in the sunshine (we actually had some of that today for once!)

Interested in any comments, photos aren't amazing quality but should give you a good idea. Building it up with XT or XTR plus Syncros cranks, stem and post. I know the Buck wasn't a high end model but why not eh?!

Will upload some more pics once I have the components on...oh and ignore the Argos sticker on the downtube as I've removed that now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 2,453
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 2,452
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 2,451
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 2,451
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 2,452

Tasty color.

There is a BOI fork on ebay right now......no it's not mine, though i wish it was!

stumpjumper1990":7rhqqan3 said:
Very elegant choice! Lovely!

Cheers!

Put the cranks on earlier (cheers Carl!) which I think look awesome.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 2,363
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 2,363

Tom79":3p5hxo3n said:
stumpjumper1990":3p5hxo3n said:
Very elegant choice! Lovely!

Cheers!

Put the cranks on earlier (cheers Carl!) which I think look awesome.
fantastic ... especially with the silver Syncros crank ;) ...if you wont go with rigid fork then you should look for a RS Mag 21 or SID in blue.

I do have some Pace RC-35s...but was tempted by Mag 21s or maybe Manitou 2s...what do you think?

RC35s are great but on a British build maybe...

Great bike. Great work on a well used frame that could tell a few stories... Now she's like new again! Fantastic.

Bucks are in no way not a top of the line bike... The quality of materials, design and manufacture are equal to the Yo Eddy, though Bucks ride a bit softer which I actually like! In fact a Buck is a lot like a Titanium Fat, just heavier and not as quick. But still awesome.

And nowt wrong with Pace on a Fat, though being a 94 you can run something better and more travel than an RC35... RC36 set at 70mm ride sublimely ;)

Back