Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Okay, I got one now: My own TiRunner!

TiRunner2800.jpg

My LBS knew the owner and of course they do know me too. Owner bought a brand new Merlin XLM with them and the LBS told him I might be interested as I am collector. I am!

Some specs:
bonded Miyata frame with titanium tubing and alloy lugs, 18.5"
Judy SL
Syncros stem, bar and post
Ringle Ti QR's and 2 blue H20 cages
a lot LX/DX
More recent era wheels: XTR hub rear, XT front, Sun rims
Flite
Odyssey brake boosters

It had the full Ti Onza bar ends, but he really liked them and put them on his Merlin. Promissed the guy to look out for the 2 rubber Onza sleeves for those bar ends as his were gone. If someone has a lead, please do contact me. Thnx!

Two more pics:
One
Two

Will do some modifications to make it fit my taste a tiny bit more. Panasonic almost finished, a Vitus and a Verlicchi to do and now this one - Pfoe!

- Melvin

Melvin,

You astound me :shock:

Pretty soon you will have the definitive Koga collection...have to start charging for tours of your garage :p

cheers,

rody

Very nice Melvin. How many more do you need until you have the complete collection ;)

Thanks guys!

John":xxzxyiez said:
Very nice Melvin. How many more do you need until you have the complete collection ;)

I come quite a long way, though hard to believe that I will own them all some day :( ;) Still missed in my collection are the bike whereafter I called myself on various boards, the Elevation 12,000:

H-BallMiyataElevation12.jpg

...and the terribly desireable yellow panther RidgeRunner from 1989! :

RidgeRunner-892.jpg

The '81 FullPro roadbike currently on German eBay would be nice too, but at the moment funds dried and actually I would never use it.

- Melvin

Ahh look a Dyna-tech :p
Only joking mate, that looks the nicest Koga I've seen so far.
Nice pic of Herbold, good to see he kept his bar ends on to get some leverage on that chainring.

stevet1":2o6zq8d2 said:
Ahh look a Dyna-tech :p
Only joking mate,

Hi Steve,

Glad you realize that :mrgreen: It is a fact the link is often easily made. For some kind of reason many think all bonded bikes are alike, while at the same time they can be alike as Tig FAT is to a Tig Huffy. Think it is because they aren't very familiar to us. It is as we saying all Chinese look alike, while at the same time they say it of us ;)

that looks the nicest Koga I've seen so far.

My personal favourite is the blue/polished TrailRunner. That one will soon retire as it served me well for over 10 years. During that period I only replaced the silver bar for a blue -because I thought it was cool looking- and the rear brake pads. Very good isn't it? I realized I became to emotionally attached to the bike that it wouldn't be wise to have it stand all the abuse I put on it any longer. For sure the Ti would do very well as successor.

Nice pic of Herbold, good to see he kept his bar ends on to get some leverage on that chainring.

Good old days :mrgreen: Think it has a lot to do with a sponsor agreement.

- Melvin

Elev12k":2wiyj0ak said:
Glad you realize that :mrgreen: It is a fact the link is often easily made. For some kind of reason many think all bonded bikes are alike, while at the same time they can be alike as Tig FAT is to a Tig Huffy. Think it is because they aren't very familiar to us. It is as we saying all Chinese look alike, while at the same time they say it of us ;)

Not sure as Dynatech were ever that bad to be fair.

Like the tiger style one though :D

Do not know the Dynatech very well. Only seen them in brochures. Do know they were in another part of the market, that's all. Maybe still good bikes :)

- Melvin

Back