My FUNK rebuild

andy.l

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi,this will be my first attempt at a retro restore,im probably not going to get every single part that goes on the bike within the correct year(thats for the RC100) but it wont be miles out hopefully.

Not a lot going on atm as the frame only arrived today from Jez,cheers fella,have sourced a few nice bits and pieces to fit onto it so watch this space and be gentle,lol.

andy ;)

So,as most of you will know ive bought Jez's Funk,think its a 90/91 as it has riveted on cable stops rather than the welded on type like on DrS's 92,anyway the frame came with the old FAGG bottom bracket still in it as Jez had a good time trying to remove it,lol

FUNK04.jpg

I took a pair of pliers and a blow torch and got medieval on its ass...

fu004.jpg

AS it stands now,ready to go into work with me in the morning and see if i can shift the powdercoating for the next stage..

001.jpg

see that BB just needed some brute force and manley know how eh ;)

Whats happening with the cable stops then :?: are they getting painted too or masked off :?:

Top job on the BB chap ;)

It's getting quite Funk-ey on here lately......"Funk Lovers of the world unite" :cool:

Well thats dependant on what happens with the powdercoating,if i can remove it then it will be high polished,if not im open to colour choices(waits for the shout of Pink :p )

andy.l":k3j89ynd said:
...a pair of pliers and a blow torch and got medieval on its ass...

Hahaha Ode to Pulp Fiction, love it..

Anyone got that test in MBUK when Steve Worland took a Funk to the Pyrenees? Might provide you with some inspiration :cool:

when that frame was mine i was going to have it dipped to remove the paint its cheap and it removes 100% of the paint.

Back