1993 Klein Adroit Mardi Gras

tigern

Retrobike Rider
PoTM Winner
During my search for an 19" Klein Adroit, like some more here...., i bumped into this "beauty"....well 20" fits me as well

It will need some good TLC, and some paint as well...at least it still has the boron/carbon on it ;)

I really like the Mardi Gras, but the upper side of the frame differs a lot with the bottom side..the upside is bleached out a lot. I'm not sure yet to try to match the steerer and the fork to the frame or to make it a total repaint.....

Attachments

• MG001.jpg
    MG001.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 4,219
  • MG002.jpg
    MG002.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 4,218
  • MG005.jpg
    MG005.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 4,216
  • MG004.jpg
    MG004.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 4,217
Re: But....,i was looking for a 19" Adroit....

I like the 'vintage 501 jeans' look, washed out in places, not in others. I'd vote for not repainting the frame (especially if it takes 9-18 months, loads of money and long argumentative threads!) and just matching the forks/stem, or even going for a contrasting set of forks and stem (black base-coat mardigras with white top sponge?)

interesting...i thought about matching as well, but the reverse matching sounds nice as well...

i'm also thinking about giving it a shot myself, according to Jon Rock it was a lot of fun to do a Mardi Gras, back to kindergarten!

Ahhh if we had only connected a few months ago...

DSC_0827-vi.jpg

aaah what a shame, found this one only 2 weeks ago.....yours is repainted already i think...?

tigern":84qvy6yl said:
aaah what a shame, found this one only 2 weeks ago.....yours is repainted already i think...?

sadly yes... I tried to find a worse strata for 4-5 months without luck... one repaint I regret

would be a nice idea to make a big swap "box", would save a lot of original painted stuff.....

Good find and good luck with the projects, if I could just get my hands on an Adroit!

Back