Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:15 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:55 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:09 pm
Posts: 440
Location: The Netherlands
I left a e-mail by www.amp-research.com and ask them if they had a seat stay from a amp b3,but the e-mail i got from them,is that there are NO seat stay left from the amp b3 :( .

So that means,i must look for a seat stay from a Amp B3 and hope that some one her could help me with it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:55 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:59 pm
Posts: 2178
Location: Kent, UK
Just ride it and see what happens! :) Looks like a good repair to me.

Unless you're going to use it for serious downhill runs, I'm sure it will be OK.

And if it does break, worry about it then. As HarryCrumb says, you can get new parts from Amp easily.

I think the tubing is made of 6061, but I doubt the dropout is. Just a thought.

As a matter of interest, are you certain its 1994? I have one which looks identical to yours (apart from the welding) and I've never known the exact year of manufacture.

Cheers,
Andrew


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:47 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:24 pm
Posts: 456
Location: Toronto, Canada
andyz wrote:
As a matter of interest, are you certain its 1994? I have one which looks identical to yours (apart from the welding) and I've never known the exact year of manufacture.

Cheers,
Andrew


Just email your serial number to Brion at Amp. They have a data base of "most" of the bikes they made. Their list includes forks and brake calipers.

Brion@amp-research.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:00 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:14 am
Posts: 1321
Location: Sunny? Devon
It's more likely to be a '95, they were still making B2's in '94


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:56 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:59 pm
Posts: 2178
Location: Kent, UK
trail_head wrote:
andyz wrote:
As a matter of interest, are you certain its 1994? I have one which looks identical to yours (apart from the welding) and I've never known the exact year of manufacture.

Cheers,
Andrew


Just email your serial number to Brion at Amp. They have a data base of "most" of the bikes they made. Their list includes forks and brake calipers.

Brion@amp-research.com



Just had an email back from Brion - apparently they don't have the records any more. Amp couldn't see the need for them, so they chucked them away! :shock: :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:37 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:24 pm
Posts: 456
Location: Toronto, Canada
andyz wrote:
trail_head wrote:
andyz wrote:
As a matter of interest, are you certain its 1994? I have one which looks identical to yours (apart from the welding) and I've never known the exact year of manufacture.

Cheers,
Andrew


Just email your serial number to Brion at Amp. They have a data base of "most" of the bikes they made. Their list includes forks and brake calipers.

Brion@amp-research.com



Just had an email back from Brion - apparently they don't have the records any more. Amp couldn't see the need for them, so they chucked them away! :shock: :(


Sorry dude, that sucks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:54 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:14 am
Posts: 1321
Location: Sunny? Devon
What's the frame number?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:24 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:09 pm
Posts: 440
Location: The Netherlands
B3 wrote:
What's the frame number?


Her the frame number from mine Amp Research Laguna Beach.CA > C4495 <


Last edited by Mongooseboy on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:30 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:59 pm
Posts: 2178
Location: Kent, UK
B3 wrote:
What's the frame number?


Mine is C66XX


Last edited by andyz on Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:39 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:09 pm
Posts: 440
Location: The Netherlands
Hello,

At the moment i got not enough time to build the Amp Research and put the frame and the amp fork on the wall in mine little livingroom,see the photos.

Image

Image

And so you can see,i polished the amp frame and look nice again :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 24pouces, Jens_BM and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group