KONA...make over for the old girl "explosif " content

Ernie

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
just had the daily commutor stripped from the gold and black and powder coated in a chrome laquer .i did have a cindercone done about 2 years ago. New decals from our resident guru Gil_m. Two era decals like my old orange kilauea{now owned by pompydave :cool: }

I bought this explosif in june 2010.. it was originally red frame gold decals from 1995..it was then sprayed black when i got it..i then sprayed it gold in late 2010

Very happy with it :cool:

Ernie ;)

Attachments

• EXPLOSIF 4 008.jpg
    EXPLOSIF 4 008.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 689
  • explosif 2013 001.jpg
    explosif 2013 001.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 689
  • explosif 2013 003.jpg
    explosif 2013 003.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 689
  • explosif 2013 006.jpg
    explosif 2013 006.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 689
  • explosif 2013 005.jpg
    explosif 2013 005.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 689
  • explosif 2013 002.jpg
    explosif 2013 002.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 689
Looks good, Ernie! The new look seems visually cleaner. As a side note, I'm glad to see the lights/reflectors on your commuter. I run my lights on the road whether day or night. It really makes a difference in visibility and how I'm treated by motorists.

We_are_Stevo":3cfkebw0 said:
Nice to see you haven't let your standards slip... :cool:

Thanks for the kind words Stevo..just thought i freshen the old girl up :cool:

Thanks Ernie ;)

SpearedHot":27ruexv6 said:
Looks good, Ernie! The new look seems visually cleaner. As a side note, I'm glad to see the lights/reflectors on your commuter. I run my lights on the road whether day or night. It really makes a difference in visibility and how I'm treated by motorists.

Cheers Spearedhot..thanks for the feedback :) ..yes it does look "cleaner and lighter"..the black and gold was visually heavier.. funny you mention lights with cars and commuters..just got an update on my claim page 5 viewtopic.php?f=8&t=129150

Hows that lovely stars n bars hot doing..need one of those..but they are like unicorn poo :cry:

Thanks again bud

Ernie ;)

Lovely fresh new look mate like it a lot.

Top job as normal by yourself :cool:

Very crisp and clean, Ernie, just how a commuter should be (in my very humble opinion :)). I like this very much indeed. May I ask what fenders you're running here?.

RustyGold":2x31891b said:
Very crisp and clean, Ernie, just how a commuter should be (in my very humble opinion :)). I like this very much indeed. May I ask what fenders you're running here?.

Hi Rusty..
the mudguards are bontrager..dont know which model..had them about 5 years now..a bit scuffed and chipped in place but they do get a hammering with "our" bad pot holed roads.. think i paid about £25 for them.

They took a bit of fixing here and there..i would recommend them :D

Cheers bud :cool:

Ernie ;)

I've got a gold explosif that I was going to get repainted, but seeing your paintwork I'm in 2 minds now.

Thanks for that! :LOL:

Very nice though (as all your bikes seem to be)! :cool:

Matt

Back